1

I opened my eyes, glaring to the sunlight passing through my bedroom window. Groaning loudly, I pulled the duvet over my face and closed my eyes, hoping to be pulled back into darkness.

I never really liked mornings. They're just a reminder that your stuck in a world called reality. And let me tell you, REALITY SUCKS.

Because as soon as I felt myself getting pulled back into darkness, My phone rang, causing myself to groan again in annoyance.

"Damn it!" I yell out. I push the duvet of my face and hastily reached out for my phone. Without looking at the Caller ID, I answered my phone,

"What?!"

"Good morning to you too Lucas." My best friend, Mia, says, giggling, amused by my outburst. I felt my cheeks heat up. Ignoring my fast beating heart, I laughed nervously,

"Sorry about that."

"It's fine, I had a feeling you were still asleep." She says. I sat up and leaned on my back on my headboard. I yawn,

"What time is it?" I looked at the clock, my eyes widened. "Shit, shit, shit, shit." It was 8:10 am and classes starts at 9:00 am.

I clicked the loudspeaker button on my phone and threw my phone on the bed.

I jumped off my bed and ran towards my walk-in closet, and rummage through my clothes.

"Why didn't you wake me up earlier?!" I hear her gasp,

"And miss the chance to witness your panicking state? Never!" I shook my head and laughed. I grabbed my blue denim jacket, white shirt, black knee-ripped pants, and white shoes. As I was removing my boxer, I heard her say,

"Anyways, I just called to let you know that you don't have to pick me up today." I stare at my phone confused, I always pick her up from school.

It was like our unsaid tradition, I pick her up, She lectures me for waking up too late, we grab coffee, and we just sit on the car while jamming out to pop music until class starts.

"Oh? Why not?" I asked as I finished changing. I walked towards my bed and reached for my phone but froze when she spoke,

"Xander will be taking me."

'Xander' Mia's boyfriend. We met Mia three months ago and we clicked instantly. He became one of my best friends. He was like a brother to me. And then one day, He asked me if Mia was single, Oblivious of his intentions at the time, I answered him yes.

They made it official just last month.

I shook my head and took a deep breath.

"O-okay. I'll j-just take my time then." I grabbed my phone and turn of the speaker button. I close my eyes and putted the phone against my ear.

"Just don't be surprised if you don't see me in the first period." I joked. I smiled sadly when I heard her laugh.

"Don't you dare Lucas! I better see your ass there!" She said. I sat on my bed and chuckled.

"Yes maam, I'll be th-" Before I can finish my sentence. Mia cuts me off with a small excited squeal.

"Oh! Xander's calling I gotta go Luc! See you soon! Love you!"
I feel my heart clench.

"I love you t-"

She hung up.

I sigh and rested my hands on my thigh. I leaned forward and put my face in my hands.

"Fuck Reality."