Missing Pieces

"The body of seventeen year-old, Klayton Asgarras, was found early this morning. He was found in an alley next to Big Daddy's BBQ and Smokehouse by the owner. The body was found to have a deep cut that must have been from a knife. One was actually found by the body and another one was found where he'd been struck before. Investigators believe it was mugger that may have tried to rob him, but when he ran the mugger ended up chasing him cornering him in an alley where he stabbed the boy only once leaving him to bleed to death.

Investigators said that the body was completely drained of blood and around the wound there was black crusting which has been tested and was found not to be dried blood. The reason to why it was because of the single stab is still under investigation.Officials are asking if there were any witnesses, or if anyone has any information to please come forward. Even just calling anonymously will help with the investigation."

Sylvia had stared at the television in shock, she had remembered when Klayton was just a boy. When Juliana had brought the boys to their house she recalled what a goof boy he was, and all she ever heard from Juliana was how such a good student he was. She could only imagine what Juliana must be going through.

She heard the door open then close and Alex came through the living room with a takeout bag from the Bean. She looked kind of tired, or was it something else, it was her mother's intuition. Sylvia saw Alex take one look at the tv and paled considerably.

"¿Estás bien, mija?" She asked.

"Sí-sì estoy bien. I'm fine, just a little tired."

"You saw what was going on didn't you?"

Alex only nodded and set her bag down. Her brows knitted together the way her mother noticed when she worried or anxious. Sylvia walked over to Alex and trapped her in a warm embrace.

"Mija, you can tell me what you saw if you want." She smoothed the back of Alex's hair.

"It's- I guess it feels weird. I saw the body being lifted in to the ambulance, but that wasn't because of that."

"Then tell me what is."

"I mean, I think that it was because I knew him. But- but in relative terms I didn't know him at all. We were just acquaintances, but it's just weird. Gah, I don't even know what I feel right now!"

"Well, I can understand how you feel." Sylvia said, and she honestly did feel the same way though there was definitely something off about this.

Maybe I was the way how the news anchors described the body; drained of blood by one stab wound. Could one stab wound do that?

Whatever the causation was, Sylvia was not going to let her daughter out of sight for a while. Until that missing piece was solved.

***********************************************************************************************

Hey guys sorry for the short chapter, but I wanted to experience what I think the adult mind is like. Well next chapter is going to be very long that I might have to do a part 1 & 2 to it. Keep in mind my uploading schedules are wack and I upload whenever I can. But, I'll do my best to upload at least three times a week. Well, that's it for this chapter!

See ya~ 

Just_another04