You smiled back and waved. "Hey Mirio, long time no see."

He laughed at your joke like it was the funniest thing in the world. And maybe to him, it was. He slung an arm around his companion and motioned back to you. "This is my best friend, Tamaki Amajiki. He's kind of shy, but he's super cool! You should see his quirk in action. I bet you could get some amazing notes from it!"

At Mirio's words, Tamaki flushed bright red and hid his face with his hands. "Mirio... you're doing it again."

"Doing what? Showing off my amazing best bud? You bet I am!" Mirio chirped with a cheery expression. "You deserve the praise."

He grumbled something under his breath, and Aizawa took the opportunity to cut in. "I'm supposed to be on break, but there was a mishap that happened. I need you to watch her while I fix some things."

He left it vague towards the end, and you had a sneaking suspicion that he was making up an excuse to get rid of you- which kind of hurt, if you were being completely honest. Sure, you didn't really blame him. You hardly knew each other and he'd gotten the short end of the stick in having to take care of you, but he could've at least been honest about it. You were a huge fan of communication, since it was severely lacking in your home life. What was even worse is that he didn't even bother to say anything else before he just left you there. Left you with two people you didn't know and one that you'd only had a conversation with once. You were really, truly feeling the love today.

"He's definitely going to go take a nap, isn't he?" Nejire asked with a secretive look.

Mirio nodded. "Absolutely."

He turned back towards you, looking down at his watch with a frown. "I have about five minutes left of training, and Nejire said she would help me with it. Do you mind hanging out with Amajiki while you wait for us to finish up?"

You looked towards the elf-eared boy with a tentative expression. You didn't want to make him do something that he was uncomfortable with, but you were hesitant in arguing with Mirio. He just had an energy that radiated what I say, goes. You decided to voice your concerns anyways. "I'm not sure if he'd be too comfortable with that."

Mirio just laughed again and threw his arm around Tamaki's neck. The latter looked like he wanted to disappear. You couldn't really blame him. "He'll be okay! We're working on his social skills. This will be good practice! Besides, maybe you can get something for your notes. You're here to learn about different quirks, right?"

With that, he and Nejire left you on the sidelines to finish up their workout. You had to pretend that you weren't a little bit upset with them. It was unfair to Tamaki for them to just leave him with you, and sure enough, a few moments later. he voiced just that. "Mirio, you can't just leave me here!"

Maybe you should've been offended that he didn't want to be around you, but you still couldn't find it in yourself to blame him. He'd just been ditched by his two best friends in an effort to force him to converse with a girl that he didn't know. That would make anyone upset, you thought to yourself. All you could do now was try to make him more comfortable with what was going on. So you decided to do exactly that- thinking up a conversation starter.

After thinking on it for a few seconds, you spoke to him with a kind tone. "You looked super cool when you were practicing with your friend. I liked the way you utilized your quirk.Maybe you can tell me more about it? Only if you want to, of course."