Chapter 5

Two days have passed and everything went just fine. There was no sign of Mother so far, which count as a good news. Sleeping under the stars was something Evie absolutely love. It wasn't comfortable as sleeping in bed, but there is something inside her that felt so connected with nature. Perhaps it's the Robin Hood blood in me, she thought to herself. It was only a half day walk more until she reaches the Enchanted Forest. Her heart pounds in excitement. How does it feel to be held in their arms? Do they love her? How does it feel to have someone who loves her unconditionally? What would her mother be like? What would her father be like? There were too many questions running around in her head.

Evie loved being in the forest. Her mind wondered about Robin Hood, who was told to be her father. Blue Fairy had told her everything she needed to know. Her father had stolen from the rich and gave to the poor. He spent almost all of his life in the forest, leading The Merry Men before he met her real mother. That must be an adventurous life he had made. Speaking about her real mother, the thought of Queen Regina filled her mind.

Regina was a former Evil Queen, used to hunt Snow White down because she had killed her first love. She used to be fed by her anger, her rage, believing that nobody could ever love her until she met Robin Hood. Her father robbed one of her mother's carriages and of course, it sent the Evil Queen on her edge. He was sentenced to death but at the night of his execution, something changed within her when she finally looked into those blue orbs. There was something inside her that attracted to him though it required him so much effort to let her break her walls down.

He fell in love with her at the first sight. He loves her since the day he set his foot in that palace. To him, she was just a little misunderstood. He knew that she wasn't all evil like everyone entitled her. He believed she just needed a touch of love to melt the ice in her heart. He was intrigued by her. And eventually, love was on their side. Step by step, piece by piece, bit by bit, he mended her cold, shattered heart back. Thanks to Robin Hood, the Evil Queen finally knew how it felt to love again. It took her a long time to finally be accepted as the Good Queen; what she had done was too cruel to be forgotten easily. Snow White made it easier; if Snow White–the princess who Regina had hunted for years–can forgive her, so why can't everyone else? Snow made everyone realize that Regina deserves her second chance and she was the only one who fits to rule the Enchanted Forest. The royal wedding happened and not long after, Evie came into the picture. A princess loved by everyone.

Evie had lost in her mind until she heard familiar screeching voices behind her. It was Zelena's flying monkey; they found her. She ran faster to get away from the beasty creature. Zelena couldn't get to her anymore, there is no way she could take her happiness ever again. Her feet were slower than she thought and it was too late. Her hands were scratched by its claw, leaving such an open wound on her arms that made her doubled over in pain.

"Duck!" A woman's voice instructed as Evie tried to get up and continue to run. She took cover behind the nearest log. The woman was aiming for the flying monkey before releasing an arrow, shooting it right in its heart. The flying monkey fell down with a loud thud.

"Are you okay?" The woman ran towards her, noticing there was a claw wound on her arm. "You're injured! May I?" Evie nodded, and the woman tied clean cloth to stop the bleeding.

She was quite talkative. "I've never seen you but you seem familiar to me. Do you live around here?"

"No, I... I live somewhere far." Evie easily dodged, she doesn't want to even remember about Emerald City anymore.

"So, why are you here?"

Evie sighed. She just can't tell this woman about her journey, about how she found out she was a lost princess, kidnapped by The Wicked Witch, and finally found her way back into the world she belongs. "I just– I want to see the Queen. Anyway, thank you for saving my life. I'm Evie."