21) Gerard Way isn't a very good problem solver

Gerard's P.O.V.

The car journey back to Frank's house was awkward to say the least. There was no music, no talking, Hell, I felt awkward breathing too loudly. It was the worst kind of silence.
Sometimes quiet is violent.

"Are you okay?" He asked once he parked. He didn't sound angry, but sad.

"I don't know." I replied truthfully. I was scared, confused, angry and at the same time, relieved Frank was talking to me. Frank got out of the car and I followed him into the house. As soon as Linda saw us, she grinned.

"Gerard! I'm so glad you guys made up." She pulled me into a hug.
"Now why are you boys skipping school?"

"We're not. Lucas said I had to bring him here after Jonas attacked him." Frank said.

"What?" Linda asked in shock and I explained what happened, keeping my voice quiet and trying not to break down.
All those horror books forget to mention how fucking terrifying all of this is. Frank walked away when I was halfway through my explanation and once I was done, Linda hugged me again.
My mom would probably have a clue what to do right about now, she loved all this supernatural stuff.
I hugged Linda back, appreciating her motherly gestures. We stayed like that for a short while, before I moved back and took a few breaths.

"I'm sorry." I mumbled, feeling kind of pathetic.

"It's not your fault, Gerard, okay? Don't you dare blame yourself." She sighed.
"Why don't you go and check on Frank?"

"I don't think he wants to talk to me." I admitted.
"I should probably just go home."

"No, go and talk to him, please?" She said sternly.
"He told me about your argument and what was said and I completely understand why you wanted to stay as friends. He's a vampire and that's new for you. But like I said, Frank is different. He doesn't open up to people easily, especially not like he did to you. He loves you, Gerard. I know you're probably not ready for that, but please don't give up on him."

"I'll go and talk to him." She smiled and pressed a motherly kiss to my head.

"Thank you." I went towards the basement, taking a breath, before opening the door. It was scarily quiet and I walked down the stairs, seeing Frank laid on his bed, large headphones covering his ears as he played the guitar that was across his stomach. 'Pansy' was printed against the white guitar and I smiled a little. His eyes were closed, but I knew, he knew I was here.

"Can we talk please?" I asked and he stopped playing, laying there for a second, before putting the guitar and headphones down and sitting crossed legged on his bed.
"Could you hear what we were talking about?"

"I put those on so I wouldn't have to." He glanced at his headphones and I nodded my head.

"You love me, right? You weren't just saying that?" I asked, still unfamiliar with the idea, even though it was all I could think about all week.

"Yes, Gerard, I love you." He sighed, a pained look in his eyes.
"What do you want? I'd very much like to go back to playing painfully loud music and drowning in self pity."

"I'm sorry." I sat next to him.
"I'm sorry that it's me you love and not some perfect guy or girl who can understand all of this and not be terrified. Because I am, I'm terrified and I thought that if I wasn't your boyfriend, this all would just disappear and I don't know what to do. I've felt more vulnerable this week than I have almost all of my life. I can't sleep, I've barely eaten and I can't get you out of my head. I don't love you like you love me, but I think I need you."

"I don't want to love some boringly perfect girl or guy." Frank said slowly.
"In all honesty, I don't want to love you. It's exhausting and this past week has been Hell, but I smelt your blood in Black's office and I almost lost it. I thought I was gonna walk in on a worse situation, I was freaking out. I wanted to apologise about the whole thing as soon as it happened, but I thought you'd be better off without me."

"You were wrong." I blurted.

"I noticed." Frank sighed.

"God, we're fucking losers." I groaned.
"We're stuck in a 'can't live with you, can't live without you' situation and I this is all so fucked up."

"Well what do you want to do about it?" Frank asked and I looked at him.
He was so pretty.
I kissed him.