"And I don't suppose you have plans for this evening, do you?"

"Actually, yeah, I do." Which was unfortunate, because she found it curious that the force kept bringing them together. "But not all night."

He smiled. "Well, you know where I live. Stop by, and you're welcome to stay as long as you'd like."

"Thanks. I think I might take you up on that."

"I'll see you later then," he winked. He gathered his things, hopped on his bike, and sped off into the bustling city.

Shortly after, Ahsoka sat in a booth with her former master at a small diner they used to frequent in their free time.

"So, Ahsoka," Anakin started, "how have you been? I know we talked earlier, but I just want to make sure you're okay."

She took a sip of her drink. "I've been better. I have a small apartment right now that you'd be horrified of, but it's all I can afford. I used to have a roommate in a better place, but we had a falling out, so I moved out. I never spend any time at home, anyway. I've been working as a mechanic at a speeder bike shop with Maggie, the woman who was murdered."

"Ahsoka, I'm sorry about Maggie. I know there are rules about who can and can't be in the Jedi Temple, but it's the least the Council can do to-"

"Master," she interrupted, "I'm really fine. I'm not ever going back to the Jedi Temple or the Jedi Order. I like the freedom that comes with being independent. I'm in charge of my schedule, I can do what I want, spend time with whoever I want, and feel however I want."

He put down his fork and raised an eyebrow. "Whoever you want, eh? Anyone in particular?"

She rolled her eyes. Of course he wanted to know. "No, Master, no one in particular."

"I don't believe you. I've seen you coming in and out of the Senate apartment building. Have you been seeing that boy from Onderon?"

She could feel her face heat up. "Well, I, uh. . . Wait, how do you know I've been at the Senate apartments?"

It was Anakin's turn to blush. "You know, meetings, and stuff."

Ahsoka raised an eyebrow. "Are you sure it has nothing to do with wanting to see a certain Senator from Naboo?"

"Senator Amidala and I are simply friends, Ahsoka. I've known her almost my whole life. The part of my life that matters, anyway."

"Sure, just like how Senator Bonteri and I are just friends." Ahsoka knew there was nothing platonic about Anakin's relationship with Padme. Regardless, it wasn't her place to report it to the Council. She wasn't going to do them any more favors, not after what they did to her. "Master, I've seen the way you two look at each other. Your tone of voice is different when you talk to her and about her. You don't have to pretend around me. I'm not going to say anything."

He remained silent for a moment, lost in thought. "You cannot say anything to anyone, got it? I'll be expelled from the Order. I've considered leaving for her more times than I can count, but if I do it, I want it to be on my account."

"Of course, Master. If it makes you feel any better, Lux Bonteri and I were together."

"'Were?' What happened? He didn't hurt you, did he?"

"No, no, he would never. It was my choice. He was there for me when I didn't have anyone else, and when I got back on my feet, he was too much of a reminder of all the pain the Jedi caused me."

"You left him because he helped you through a hard time? Forgive me, but that doesn't make sense."

She shook her head. "I left him because just seeing him reminds me of the Jedi. He and I were friends when I was still a Jedi, and being with him just felt wrong."

He shrugged. "I don't think you actually believe that, but I'm not going to tell you who you can and can't date. Though if a boy ever causes you any trouble at all, I'd be happy to talk to him."

Ahsoka was sure he'd do more talking with his fists and a lightsaber. Though he was overprotective at times, it felt good to have someone looking out for her.

In that moment, she couldn't help but wonder if he was right. Deep down, she still loved Lux. A part of her would always belong to him, no matter how badly she wanted to move on from the Jedi. Had she made a mistake in breaking up with him?

She was eager to change the subject. "So I guess we should talking about a plan for getting this killer, then, right?"

"Yes, of course."

The proceeded to talk about all the possibilities for who the killer could be, what the cryptic message they left meant, and who they could strike down next. Because they didn't have a whole lot to go on, Anakin was going to stay in touch with the authorities while Ahsoka was to lay low. Once all the evidence was analyzed and documented, Anakin and Ahsoka would do their own detective work.

It was eerily similar to tracking the bomber of the Jedi Temple, but Ahsoka did her best not to think about that. This case was finally a chance for her to do some good again.