Before your parents started treating you like shit...

'Dumb fucking parents...'

You said in your mind as you put on your favorite black high-capped Converses.

You then grabbed a hairbrush and started combing you (h/l) (h/c) hair while looking into the mirror and admiring yourself a bit.

But the bags under your eyes, the little scars that never perished on your face, and your dull eyes that's longing for happiness and joy. Those things that never go unnoticed by the public eye.

But, as always, you don't care.

You sighed and continued on preparing for school. Looking once more inside of your dusty old closet.

In the far end of your closet, was you new bag that was once again, bought by your best friend's family.

It was a black backpack with some neon lightstick cherry designs with some little grey triangles printed on it.

You were greatful for them taking care of you like you were one of their own.

A small smile crept it's way onto your lips.

'I wish I had a family like that...'

You put some of your notebooks, pens, money, and other things needed for school, and zipped up your bag.

You looked around if nothing important for school was left behind.

'well, nothing left, so--'

You paused as you then realised you were missing something that was very important to you

You went up to your desk and picked up a small golden heart-shaped trinket. A locket. One that was given to you by someone special.

You took the trinket and opened it.

It was a picture of you and your dad when you were still young.

Tears fell down from your eyes slowly as you remembered what happened.

He gave you this locket when it was your 5th birthday.

It was a day before something horrible happened.

Your mom didn't even care about it. She doesn't even care about him at all.

After that horrible event, she suddenly brought home a new guy. Your new step-dad.

He hated you ever since he saw you.

And you hated him in every way.

You hated him for treating you badly. You hated what he would do to your mom. And you hated what he turned your mom into.

Soon enough, you had step-sisters.

But they're just as shitty as him.