You clutched at your head. This wasn't the time for your anxiety to make you overwhelmed. You needed to get out. You clenched your teeth, standing up with trembling legs and testing your weight. You could walk fine. That was a relief. You took a teetering step forwards, clenching your fists around the bars of the cart to try and steady your shaking. You took a deep breath, closing your eyes.

You needed to keep yourself grounded. There was no other way to make sure that you could think things through rationally. You took another deep breath, trying to keep your mind from continuously reeling. First, you would get out of this place... wherever this place was. Then you would have the breakdown that you clearly deserved.

It still bothered you that you couldn't remember the day prior. You were a naive person who tended to overlook certain things and aspects of people, but that didn't dignify your sudden memory loss. You tried to backtrack, the furthest you could remember being when you fell asleep, pushing your academics to the side in favor of binge watching a new show on Netflix.

You slowly tried to go further, but it was like your brain had been fogged. You could remember bits and pieces now, but they were hard to reach- like you were grasping at straws. You furrowed your brows, frowning as you slowly pieced together what you could. You had been sick. You woke up feeling drowsy and thoroughly drained, so you listened to music while making breakfast. When you figured out that your brother was still with your parents, you were torn between being relieved and concerned. You tried to push the thought to the side, not wanting to dwell on it any further lest you begin to freak out all over again.

After that... did you sneeze? You could've swore you had done something of the sort, and that it resulted in whatever strange fever dream this was. And then you remembered gangster Mickey Mouse.

You laughed- a high pitched noise that sounded anxiety driven and crazed. Were you still seeing hallucinations? Was this a hell brought to you by your own fears and compendium of self destructive thoughts?

You didn't want to stick around to find out. You took another step forwards, inhaling deeply as you mentally prepared yourself for whatever happened next. You walked towards the door, swiping your phone off the counter that it had been left on. You didn't have it in you to question why it had been there in the first place, but came to the conclusion that someone had searched you before changing your clothes. It was a disturbing thought, and you tried not to let yourself grow nervous at the thought of accidentally running into the person who could've done it in the first place.

You opened the door before you could stop yourself, taking a step back into the hospital room when you saw the long hallway before you. If not for the bright lighting, it could've been something straight out of a cheesy 80's horror movie. While that seemed entertaining, it wasn't half as thrilling to live through it.

The doors lining either side of the hallway were huge- reaching up to the ceiling like spider's limbs. There were numbers on them as well, ranging from one to three and with various letters of the alphabet.

You cautiously walked down it, taking tentative steps as if the floor would crack and make you fall to the ground below. You squared your shoulders, a determined look masking anything else you might have felt as you stalked down the halls. For now, you would be untouchable. As far as anyone was concerned, you were meant to be here. As long as you faked confidence, no one would know.

It wasn't like it was going horribly. The halls were barren and empty, and you could imagine them being swimming with life earlier in the days. You didn't know what time it was, but whenever it was, there was no one here. Or so you thought. You were completely alone with your thoughts until someone stumbled in front of you.