Two

After three days, everything has been settled down. I got most of my clothes, and thankfully undamaged. Of course, I packed every pair of Timberlands I owned, and everything pair of Jordans. But, I didn't bring all of my Vans, which I'm kinda mad about, but whatever.

Also, I got invited to a tour of my new high school today, so that's where me and Felix are going to be most of the day. Aunty is going out to a job interview, which I should be doing a little bit after I start school.

"Autumn, I swear to God, you betta be out of that bathroom in the next five minutes, or else I'm beatin your ass", I hear Felix from outside my bathroom, and I throw my brush at the door. I was busy doing my edges, and I wasn't leaving until I was satisfied.

I was wearing an orange tube top, which showed off my belly button piercing, a pair of white ripped jeans, and a pair of orange and white low top Vans. I had a gold chain on that my dad gave me, and a necklace with my mom's name on it. I also had my 'Chill' hoop earrings in. I managed to straighten my hair, and I even put my nose piercing in, but I ain't going no where without my edges done.

Once I finally got the swoop right, I sprayed vanilla scented perfume on and made sure my teeth where looking nice before I grab my phone, airpods, and my wallet and grab my house keys. " 'Lix, did you call an Uber yet? ", I ask him, putting clear lip gloss on. He nods as he fixes his chain, which matched mine. I had his name and Andre's name tatted on my left arm, and my mom's on my right.

My dad is going across my left wrist, and my little sister, Tayla is on my other wrist. Tayla died when she was five, cause she was sick. I remember how sad momma was, and dad wouldn't leave their room for a while. But, they realized that God took her out for a reason, and they decided to live happily for her.

I hear honking outside and I walk out, making sure Felix locks the door behind him. We climbed in the car and told him where we were going, and I put my pods in, playing 'Iggady', by Bali and Rico Nasty.

About ten minutes later, I feel Felix slap my leg and he jumped out the car, knowing I was going to hit him back. I gave money to the driver and ran after him, smacking the back of his head. "Fuck! That hurt, Leanne", he said, calling me by my middle name.

"Ayo, you better stop playing games 'fore I put yo whole government out there and have you tight, my guy", I tell him, and he shut up. Thank Jesus. We walk inside the school and I see a bunch of people, and it's mixed. I see Hispanic looking people, white people, and black people.

Me and Felix stand off by ourselves, mostly in our phones. I was busy texting my best friend, and of course, she was acting crazy. But, I didn't expect out of her. Her name was Jamice, but everyone call her Lil Ice.

"Hey, are you guys freshmen too?", some girl asked, and I shook my head. "Nope, I'm a sophomore while she's a senior", Felix smiles. I rolled my eyes, he's already pulling that flirting shit and we ain't even been here a week.

"Oh, well, my name is Layla, and that girl over there is Bri", she says, but I don't really care. I'm not here to make friends, I'm here to pass and go. Layla looks at me, as if she was waiting for something. "Sorry about her. I'm Felix, and this is Autumn", he sighs, and I look back at my phone.

"No, it's fine. Anyway, what school did you guys go to before? I haven't seen you around", she asks, leaning against the lockers. I bite the inside of my lip, to try and not say something rude. But, this heat was starting to irritate the living shit out of me.

"Damn, Detective. You don't need to know our whole background. Acting like you work for the feds or some shit", I snap. She looks shocked while Felix shakes his head, knowing this was going to happen eventually. She bit her lip and nods. "Sorry, it's just that this is nerve racking, that's all. I'll leave you alone now", she whispers, but I sigh and grab her arm.

"Sorry, it's the heat. Look, I'll give you my Snap. Maybe catch me when I'm cooler, aight? ", I say, and she gives me a bright smile and hands me her phone. Once I give her my Snapchat, she got Felix's and went back to her friend.

To be honest, she was pretty and nice, which is something you don't see often. She was brown skin, a huge ponytail, and she had glasses. She was taller than my 5'3 ass, she looked about 5'7.

“Shorty was bad, no cap”, Felix says when she's out of earshot. I shake my head as I look around, and one guy catches my eye. He was kinda lightskin with a black beenie on, and some black jeans with a white shirt and some black and white 11's.

I also noticed he had a few tats, nothin' major though. He glanced at me and smiled, and I almost passed out. This nigga had DIMPLES! I smile back before walking off with the group back towards the front entrance of the building.

Felix walks away and I see that he is walking with that Layla girl. I grab my phone and text my bestie that I'll call her soon. Then, I feel a tap on my shoulder. I turn and look up to see the same guy from earlier.

“Wassup? I saw you walking alone and decided to keep you company”, he said, his voice bout deep as fuck. I lick my lips and shrug. “I'm usually alone, so it don't matter to me”, I say, and he laughs. “Yeah, you kept to yourself the entire time”, he points out.

I raise a brow and smile. “So, you were watching me. I knew I felt someone staring”, I chuckle, and he raises his hands. “Couldn't help it, witcho light ass. I'm Jayden”, he holds his hand out, and I shake it. “Autumn”, I shook it, and that's when I feel another hand grab my shoulder.

“Autumn, who this? ”, Felix asked, pushing me behind him. I mushed his face and crossed my arms. “Boy, you forget I'm the older one. And this Jayden. Jayden, this is my built like a billboard, can't spell, big head ass brother, Felix”, I introduce them, and they cap each other up.

“Anyway, I'm going to go to the store. Tell aunty I'll be home in a bit”, I say, waving to the boys and walking out the door.