20: Heroes and Villains

Magsimula sa umpisa

"Oh, well it's good you're feeling better!" Uraraka cheered.

"I was fine. I didn't want to do the exercise so I lied. Simple as that. Leave me alone."

"Huh? But Izumi, we're friends—"

"—We're not friends!" I snarled at the pink-cheeked girl, and Uraraka's eyes widened. They began to water slightly and I growled under my breath, turning back to face my locket. Friends make you weak. Father told me I'm not allowed to have friends. I liked having friends. "I don't have friends."

I finally managed to get the zipper undone and I pulled the bodysuit off my body. I could feel the heat of the other girls' glares. They were all mad at me for hurting Uraraka, no doubt. Multiple of them had gone to comfort her. I could hear her crying silently, almost as if she was too ashamed for me to hear it.

"I wanna see Yaoyorozu's curves, Ashido's slender waist, Hagakure's floating underwear, Ochako's super fire body, Izumi's gorgeous ass, Asui's unexpectedly soft boobies!"

Excuse me? My gorgeous WHAT!? I'm going to smack a bitch. I'm going to go over him the next time I see him and smack the shit out of him.

"AHHHHH!" Glancing over, Jirou had put one of her earphone jacks through the wall, likely stabbing the fucking pervert in the eye.

"Thanks, Kyoka!"

"Despicable. We'll close up this hole immediately!"

I finished pulling on my UA Uniform and exited the girl's locker room. They were mad at me anyway. What was the point in sticking around? I didn't belong at UA High. I didn't belong at the League of Villains. I didn't belong anywhere.

"Hey, Izumi! Wait up!"

"What do you want, Rocky? Er, Kirishima?"

"Finally calling me by my name, huh? I kinda liked Rocky—"

"—We're not friends anymore."

"Huh? Izumi, what do you mean?"

"I don't need friends."

Kirishima tilted his head, not understanding. His lips were curved downwards into a frown as he stared at me in silence. It was like he couldn't even begin to process what I'd said. Idiot.

"Izumi, why are you still wearing your mask?" a voice called from behind Kirishima.

Iida approached rather quickly, swinging his arms back and forth as he suddenly jumped into a lecture about how we weren't supposed to wear masks during school and that I was required, by the school code, to take it off.

Narrowing my eyes, I reached up towards my face and yanked the mask off. I shoved it in my back, still glaring at the stupid class rep. Fuck him! He could—... I didn't deserve to insult him. Not after what I did to him.

"Hey," Kirishima poked my face. "Since when do you have freckles?"

I could feel my breathing pick up and my eyes began flaming with rage. Pulling back a fist, I ignored the pain I felt in my hand as my knuckles connected with Kirishima's face. He hadn't been unexpecting it and he stumbled back, reaching up to touch his cheek in shock.

"I have one question for all of you," I growled at them. "Do you think a villain can become a hero?"

"Can a villain," Deku muttered under his breath, "become a hero?"

"Villains are criminals," Iida was the first to respond. "They are not fit to become heroes."

"I think a villain becoming a hero would be dangerous. What if they switched sides again?" Uraraka nodded in agreement.