Mad Day (CLOSED)

Depuis le début

Mad Hatter writes a letter to his mom, telling her why he hasn't visited his home for two months. What do you expect? YOU're the Mad Hatter! Hurry, write a letter to her before she disowns you! Oh and, owing to her bad eyesight, you might want to keep it under 250 words only. Now, go. Don't keep her waiting!

✨✨✨

Rainbow

By generalfiction

Describe the world through the eyes of a 4-year-old whose best friend is an imaginary pink unicorn with a rainbow-coloured tail.

✨✨✨

Seven Dwarves

By AbleWorld

The doctors said the new drug would cause some hallucinations. But what you are seeing goes beyond anything. Are the Seven Dwarves really in your living room?

✨✨✨

Magicians

By magic

You're the last magician in the world. You and your kind have been hunted down for centuries. The Jabberwocky has been signalled again. Armies failed. Heroes failed. Even the Mad Hatter himself lost his hat to the Jabberwocky. Before he faints the Mad Hatter states that only madness can defeat the Jabberwocky. Will you help safe the world, and if so, which crazy trick will you pull from your hat?

✨✨✨

Mini-Me

By MicroBytes

That cupcake looked so delicious. The little sign said 'DO NOT EAT,' but you ate it anyway. Now you're less than one inch tall, and the guests of this weird tea party are more than a little amused at your plight.

Write this scene in 500 words or less.

✨✨✨

Half-Drabble Hijinks

By WattpadAnthologies

People would think you were crazy if you told them the truth. That every Sunday you have tea in Wonderland with the Mad Hatter. In fact, you two are such good friends that you get up to some fun pranks around the place.
In 50 words or less, describe the best prank you and the Mad Hatter ever executed.

✨✨✨

The Devil and the Hatter

By WattpadHornsandHalos

"Come to Wonderland with me, I have a hat you would be mad about," said the Devil on his left with glee.

"Curiouser and curiouser," mused the young hatter.

"Would you like an adventure now, or shall we have our tea first?" The Devil grinned, he caught another guest for his tea party down the rabbit hole.

Write us the tale of the hatter and the devil, did they travel to wonderland and what happened?

✨✨✨

Doing Silly With Hatter

By teenlitindonesia

You just performed "Alice in Wonderland" school theatrical drama at Concert Hall/Opera. When you're on your way home, someone sits beside you. Hat, red hair, something reminds you with Mad Hatter. He asked to you that he wants to do something silliness with you. You ignored him, but the day after you meets him again. What does he really want?

✨✨✨

The Honk

By justwriteit

"Daddy, are people good?" Asks your 5-year-old offspring for the sixth time in row.

"Yes," you exhale, trying not to shout – you've been stuck in the static for an hour now.

"Than why did they invent honker?" Asks your kid again, gazing at you inquisitively.

You're taken aback: "What?!"

"If people are good, why did they invent something just to tell someone that they are stupid or done something wrong?"

"Well," you said and laughed at such a crazy question. "You know what happened when the Mad Hatter broke paprika to hear better? It all started on that day..."

Continue the story to explain to your child why the Mad Hatter invented a honker.

✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨

To submit your story

✨ Use one of the above prompts and write a story.

✨ Add your story in your profile, either as a stand alone book or in an existing collection. The story shall be written for this contest.

✨ Your story shall be no longer than 1000 words, unless otherwise specified in the prompt you choose to use. If you use more than one prompt, the shortest word count applies.

✨ Write and post your story on your profile and submit it by completing this FORM and share it in the comment section below.

✨ Your story shall follow Wattpad Content Guidelines. Mature stories are accepted as long as the follow the guidelines.

✨ You have until the 20th of October 2019 to submit your story.

✨ Only stories in English and in Bahasa Indonesia will be considered.

✨ The criteria for judging follow (1) Relevance to the prompt (Stories must be relevant to the prompt(s) above and must follow our rules to be eligible for judging), (2) Grammar and style (Quality of writing, particularly adherence to good grammar, spelling, and punctuation, will be judged) and (3) Creativity (We are always looking for fresh takes and creative approaches to writing)

What can you win?

✨ The Hatter is distributing free hats for the party! Get your own and wear it proudly (Participation Sticker can be downloaded HERE and added to your profile/book)

✨ The winner(s) will receive a shoutout from the profiles, and winning entry(ies) will be posted in an anthology on Coffee Community and FlashFic

✨ The winner(s) will receive a special hat from the hatter to cover their profile picture (if they want so)

***

Please note, the contest and its rules are the creation of a team of Ambassadors and is in no way affiliated with Wattpad or its staff. Judging of said contest is entirely run by its creators and is not the responsibility of Wattpad or its staff.