9-I know that you're tryna be friends, I know you mean it

Começar do início

Harry made a quick glance towards her from the corner of her eyes, ends of his lips perking up into an endearing smile. "Oh yeah? How so?" He mumbled loudly enough for her to hear, quite amused at her making conversation like this.

"You keep your eyes on the road now, that's new." She responded wryly. He didn't respond to her, so she turned to him again. It almost seemed like he was forcibly putting more focus on the road now as a response. She grinned smugly before taking her hand and wavering it in front of his eyes. At this motion, his expression had quickly hardened and apprehension was spread all across every etch of his face.

"Would you stop doing that? It's dangerous!" He shouted in irritation. For the most part, the road was vacant. The lanes only consisted of their vehicle only. Who in their right minds would be out here in this ghosted part of the city in this type of weather? Taylor planned to say something quick-witted back but decided to hold her tongue. Instead her eyes traveled to his face, noticing the look of irritation that was still lingering in his expression. She suddenly had the longing to grab his face with the palm of her hands and place a tender kiss on his temple. Her eyes continued to travel down to his lips that were pressed unevenly together due to his frustration. She eyed how delicate they were, the blushed pinkness of them, and how tender they felt whenever they rested upon her own. There was a sick craving starting up her belly now, the craving was sending her signals to leap out of her seat and grab him by the neckline to place her lips tenderly against his. She couldn't just do that anymore and that reality really stung. Controlling those urges the cravings were signaling her to do also stung. She was glad when they soon reached their destination. It was very cold outside, but the harshness of the cold would do a fantastic job in cooling her down. At the moment, she was hot and rigid and felt like she couldn't breathe. That car ride had made the atmosphere so internally humid, she had spent the entire ride internally conflicting with herself.

"Go hurry and find it, I'll wait on here." Harry said as she had gotten out of the car.

She gasped. "Are you kidding me? You have to come with me, I might get kidnapped." While she did want to be alone from him at the moment, she feared any possibility of being abducted in the middle of nowhere in this type of cold weather.

"There's no one here," He whined in a calm manner but when Taylor gave him a glare, he sat up and exited the car. She walked ahead of him, always making sure she was three steps ahead. "Can you slow down?" He complained, "what's the rush for?" It didn't take that long for her to find and retrieve the missing bag and soon they were back inside the car. Fifteen minutes in, it started to snow hard. "Shit, I think there might be a snowstorm heading up. We've got to hurry so we don't get trapped in it." Harry struggled to drive through the heavy fall, as the windshield was constantly becoming veiled in fresh snow. "Fuck this is literally impossible, it's snowing even harder than before!" He cursed angrily, punching on the steering wheel before hitting the brakes.

Taylor sighed, putting a hand against her temple. "What do you suggest we do?" It was obvious that this snowstorm wasn't going to end anytime soon.

"I dunno, let's keep driving and see what we can find. I don't think we can make it back to Niall's." Harry informed. They continued to drive for a bit but came to a stop once they had strolled through a motel that sat on the outskirts. "What do you say?"

"We don't have a choice, do we? "Taylor retorted, already pushing the car door open. Harry chuckled at her impulsiveness but quickly followed behind her after parking the car properly. "Hello, are there any rooms available here?" Taylor asked as she walked up to the counter. Behind it sat a girl in her early twenties who was busy fidgeting with her phone. She looked up, eyes widening in recognition. "Oh my god, um yes, how many rooms would you like?" She answered, stretching her neck to see over Taylor's shoulders. Sure enough, there was company with her as Harry walked up behind her. The girl looked like she had seen a ghost but it was obvious that she was trying to be professional and calm.

"Two will be fine," Taylor smiled politely. Harry made a coughing sound, suggestively swaying his shoulder with hers playfully when the girl was busy looking for the keys. Taylor gave him a scowl but immediately glanced back at the girl at the counter who had found the keys which were now jingling in her grip. "Rooms 7 and 8 right up this floor. If you guys want anything just press the bell that is available in your individual rooms. I'll be up in no time."

"Thank you," Harry nodded, wavering a goodbye as him and Taylor went off to find their individual rooms. They heard the girl quietly freak out as they were leaving. "Holy fucking shit!" Taylor and Harry glanced at each other before chuckling.

"I guess we'll be motel neighbors," Harry grinned, while Taylor rolled her eyes and turned to her room.

Once entering her room, she was so relieved that the motel didn't end up following the cliché story path where there was only one room available. Sighing, she stripped out of her jacket before lying down on the bed, drifting off to somber sleep.'

Taylor woke up all sniffly and red. "Ah shit," she moaned, cupping her warm face into her hands. She had already caught a fever and she was pretty bummed about it. She wasn't always this sensitive to fevers, but the odds were not in her favor this time. As she went to pour herself a warm cup of water, there was a knock at the door. She grunted on her way to opening the door. "What?" She groaned.

"You look horrible." Harry beamed as he walked into her room and took a seat on her bed.

"Gee thanks,"

"You've got a cold or something?" He asked as she drank the cup of water and slipped back under the covers.

"What does it look like?"

Harry smiled. "I forgot how moody you can be when you're like this," He said in reminiscence. Taylor rolled her eyes before shifting to the other side opposite of Harry. "It's a shame you've got a cold. This motel's pretty lame and I've got nothing to do. I was looking forward to your company." He hummed.

"Well find something else to do, I'm dying here." Taylor snapped.

"You and your exaggerations." Harry proclaimed.

Taylor shifted back to the other side, now facing him again. "I feel so gross and everything feels like shit. How long are we going to stay here?"

Harry clicked his tongue. "I dunno, a couple of days?" At his words, Taylor's eyes widened. "Why're you looking at me that way? Have you looked outside?" Taylor sat up on her knees and looked out the window which was adjacent to the bed.

"Oh god," She bellowed in a whisper. She went back under the covers, letting out another fitful groan.

"warm cup of tea is alwaysgood when you catch a cold. I'll go downstairs and see if they serve any."Harry announced, slipping out of the bed and already on his way to the door. He looked over his shoulder once more and expressed a brief "rest well" before exiting out.

a/n: well that took a long time to update but hey everyone! Fine Line dropped and it's just a phenomenal album. What's your favorite track? Personally, my favorites are sunflower and fine line. Thank you for reading loves!