"Don't get cocky, Meredith, I could'a got myself outta that. I don't owe you jack shit."

"No, you couldn't have." mumbles Dot.

"Shut up, Dot! What were you doin', losin' the informant?"

Dot goes scarlet.

"I went after him." She mumbles, sullen.

"An' it went real well, didn't it? You're damn lucky the boss had it covered , you sap ." Hester snarls, and turns back to Tedros, who is on his feet, now. "Don't think just because you're too stupid to know your own family tree you can get cocky. I'll be the first to throw you to the kerb if you put even a toe outta line-"

" Leave my father out of this! " barks Tedros . Hester spurts out a mocking laugh.

"Oh, your father ! Oh, of course- just you wait, Mr Pendragon- "

Tedros hurls himself to his feet.

"DON'T CALL ME THAT-"

Lady A cuts him off.

"Hester," she says. "Shut up an' go to bed."

There's a new, black, note in her tone that Tedros hasn't heard before. Apparently it's not heard often by the others, either, because they all turn to stare at her.

"... what?"

"You heard me. Anadil, take her."

"Boss-"

The look on Lady A's face makes it obvious it's not up for discussion.

Scowling, Hester lets Anadil haul her to her feet and help her stagger across the room. She casts a final, venomous glance at Tedros over her shoulder before Anadil tows her out of the door and they're gone.

Dot and Tedros sit awkwardly in silence. Lady A stares after Hester. As usual, she's completely inscrutable.

"Go to bed." She says finally. "We'll talk in the mornin'."

Tedros stares at her.

"Talk? About what?"

Lady A considers him.

"'bout what we're doin' next."

"...we?"

She stares at him for a second. Then she raises an eyebrow.

"Why, d'you want out? I figured you'd decided to get yourself involved."

Something doesn't ring exactly true, there, but Tedros doesn't think too much on it.

"I didn't think... I had much of a choice." he admits.

Lady A leans on the table, rolling her shoulders slightly.

"You've always got a choice. Ain't that right, Dot?"

"It's what you always say, boss." Murmurs Dot, a little morosely.