Chapter 1 - Malibu Night

"Bro, I'm going out tonight. Wanna come?"

Grayson kept on bugging me to go out with him tonight, I told him I'm not going.

"Dude,  I already told you. I'm not going."

"Okay, why?" Seriously?!

"I-I've got stuff to do."

"Like what? Bro, you didn't even get out of bed all day!"

I've never been my normal self since the accident. It's been 3 years but the wounds haven't healed. It's still there.

"Just leave me alone, Grayson."

Grayson sat next to me and he patted my shoulder.

"Ethan, I know it's hard. If I was in your shoes, I'd probably feel the same way. Just always keep in your mind that we're always here for you. Mom, Cam, and I."

I smiled a bit.

"We're not giving up on you, E. I miss my annoying ass twin."

"Thanks bro."

"Call me if anything happens. I'll go now."

Then he left. I just laid down in my bed again, and it's only 5:45 pm. I took my phone, and it just hit me. I haven't been in social media in 3 years since...I opened my Instagram account, and yes the password still works.

*@acmason tagged you in a comment*

I opened the notification, and I smiled instantly.

"@acmason: Time to wear my tan. Out under the sun again. Photo taken by my favorite person @ethandolan I love you! ❤"

I suddenly remembered what happened in this photo.

*Ethan's flashback*

I was so bored. I really wanna get out of the house but Grayson was MIA. I took my phone and FaceTime-d Alessia

"Hey!"

"Hey babe! Are you busy right now?"

"Not at all. Why?"

"Good! Listen, I really wanna get out of the house 'coz I'm really bored and Grayson...well he's not here and I don't know where he is. He's probably doing his douchebag activities. So, you think we could you know..."

"Alright. I'm gonna go pack."

"Wait, I haven't even ask you the question yet!"

"Ethan Grant, I know you wanna go out. C'mon! Let's go to Malibu."

And just like that. She already read my mind. But wait...

"Why Malibu?"

"Why not? I mean, it's actually a great day for some vitamin sea."