I delivered the dishes to a family who was seated there, at table 6, and I got a lot of "thanks" from them, to which I replied a little awkwardly, "No problem sirs, and miss"

  After I said that I made sure to get away from them as fast as I could to save myself the embarrassment of saying such a silly thing, and I was certain the dad eyed me with a grin. I did make sure not to look at him though, and pretended to be involved with the other customers.

  Things were a breeze from then onwards, and I could say that the job I had taken up was pretty chill. All I had to do was go around and ask people if they needed something and usually they'd say no or ask for water.

  And I was getting water for one customer when I caught sight of a person entering the café. And man..he didn't even make an effort to blend in.

  Quite a few heads turned in his direction as he walked in silently within his black trench coat and boots, and made his way up the stairs.

This had to be my guy, there was no question.

And I decided now was a good time to make my way upstairs.

  And not two minutes later, I was up there, walking nervously up to the two men, whom I could tell were immersed in a secretive conversation as neither of their voices reached my ears.

  I kept my head lowered partially and hoped for the love of god that the uniform fooled the men, though I chided myself for not thinking of this earlier.

  "Good evening gentlemen" I greeted politely, making an effort to talk with an accent so I couldn't be identified by my voice, "How are ya'll doing today?"

  "Very well, thanks" replied the man in the trench coat, not even glancing up at me, as the other man did the same thing.

"That's lovely, now what would you like to order?" I inquired, getting my pen out.

  "Just a coffee and iced tea" the man answered in his clear, but somehow unsettling voice, "That'll be all"

"Okay sir, your order will be here in 5 minutes" I said, before walking back downstairs.

  Walking down the stairs I tried my absolute hardest not to giggle at how my plan had just worked for the moment. Now I could get close to them and maybe, just maybe grab some useful information.

Things couldn't get any better, but then I walked straight in to Ben of all people.

Of all the people! It had to be this guy.

  We locked eyes and suddenly Ben said in a voice a little too loud for my liking, "Ronan? Is that you?"

"Shush!" I silenced him, slapping him instinctively. "I'm in the middle of something!"

"Ouch!" he remarked, putting his hand on his cheek, "What was that for?"

  "Can you not talk so loud!" I said, before brushing past him and whispering, "They're upstairs, go"

  And before he could ask me what I meant, I had swung open the doors to the kitchen, and briskly walked in with them closing behind me.

I hoped Ben understood what I said.

--------

Ben's point of view:

  Had I been watching this whole scene on TV at home, I would have laughed at how silly this all was. And it was! But seeing as I was actually there while this happened, and was a part of it, I didn't find it funny. What the heck was Ronan doing in a waiter's outfit in a café? And he slapped me!

I was going to get him back for that.

But I was no idiot, I was going to go upstairs to see what was up.

  I ascended the flight of stairs, and nearly got the living daylights scared out of me when I saw the very man who had chased us sitting at the table not too far from me.

  Luckily it seemed that they were too engrossed in their conversation to actually notice me, but I was at a disadvantage. How was I to even get close to them? I couldn't possibly do it because I'd be spotted, and even if they didn't recognize me, it'd still be very suspicious for me to pick the one table behind them when there were at least a dozen or more!

I didn't really have a choice so I went back downstairs, where Ronan had gotten the drinks ready.

"What are you doing here Ben?" he asked, "Find out anything?"

"No" I shook my head, "I couldn't get close to them"

  Ronan sighed, "And this is why you should never let someone else do a legend's job. Go back to your dad and tell him I'll be a while, so he can do some more shopping, and make sure to stay with him. I won't be too long, just an hour more."

"Fine" I replied, "Good luck"

----------

Ronan's point of view:

So it was up to the legendary me to get the job done, figures.

  I didn't mind though, and to be honest it was really exciting yet extremely nerve wracking at the same time.

I got the drinks ready and made my way upstairs to the two men.

  They seemed to be very engrossed in their conversation, so engrossed that they didn't notice that they were within earshot of me.

  "But i can't get those kids taken hostage, that'll raise too many questions!" the man who had previously attacked us whispered.

  "Just make sure they don't interfere anymore. If word gets out about the treasure, we'll be in a major fix" the other man replied, not taking his eyes off the other man.

"Excuse me sirs, here's your order" I said in an accent, walking towards them, "Enjoy your drinks"

"Thanks" they both mumbled, handing me the cash.

I nodded, noticing how I had startled them both, and almost giggled. I was a true legend indeed.

But then something happened.

"Hey wait a minute kid, I think I know you" said the big burly man.

  And like that I dashed down the stairs and ran in to the kitchen. Panting, I snatched my clothes off the counter top and I locked myself in the changing room.

  Not a minute later I burst out and told everyone I had to catch a ride, and sprinted out the back door, hoping I'd find Ben and his dad before it was too late.

  And as I kept running on, I couldn't help but think of what I had just overheard. These criminals were after treasure! Treasure!

  They didn't want anyone in their way though, but oh how unfortunate it was for them to have come across us. We for sure as heck wouldn't stop interfering.