Chapter 12: Excused

Start from the beginning

I was in my room, writing a letter. Then I put my pen down and looked at the chest on my table. I grabbed it and put it in front of me. I opened it.

The chest revealed a friendship necklace with my name on it. I lift it up and gently stroke my name. Oliver! Look what I made!

I still remember her smile when she made this for me.

*Sigh* "You really have grown Rikona" I laughed.

I put it back in the chest and closed it. I put the letter in an envelope and seal it with wax. I stamped it with the Family's initial. Grandmaster, you don't have to worry about her anymore.

I turned off the lamp and went to bed. Then the image of Rikona crying appeared in my head. I compared it to when she was just a little girl. A teardrop came out.

Then I went to sleep.

*The next day* ~ Rikona's POV ~

*Brr Brr Brr*

SLAM!

I hit the snooze button on my alarm.

*Brr Brr Brr*

SLAM!
I hit the off button on my alarm and look up at the ceiling with sleepy eyes. "Ugh. I came home so late last night" I yawned while getting up.

I looked over at Junko who was sleeping lazily. I can't go to school today. We barely got 4 hours of sleep. I picked up my phone and called Great-Auntie-Morinomiya.

"Hello, this is Morinomiya Youko speaking. How can I help you"

"I can't...go..today" I couldn't speak properly due to lack of sleep.

"Again?! Why?!"

"Sleepy..." I closed my eyes as my mind went blank. Then she blabbers a lot of things and scolds me, but I didn't listen because I just want to sleep.

"Thank......you......Great ...Auntie-Mo.."

"WHY Y-" I hung up on her and toss my phone aside. I laid in bed and went back to sleep.

- In Class -

"Aratani?...She's not here again. Sigh." The teacher marked her absent for the second time. "Maybe she dropped out and went back to Britain" A student burst out.

"That's not true! Maybe she's just sick!" Kashima defended her.

"Really? How would you know? Did she tell you?"

"No, but you can't just assume things"

"Pfff! You're just scared that she left you!"

BANG

Kamitani glared at the student with a menacing look. The student starts to break into a sweat.

*Click Click*

"Now now everyone quiets down. It is not a time to get into a fight boys"

"Yes, teacher"

Kamitani had fury and gloomy aura around him while Kashima had a blue face and was worried. 'I hoped she is alright' they both thought.

*Meanwhile*

Aratani Rikona is sleeping with her little sister, Junko peacefully in their comfy bed.

Aratani woke up and looked at the clock *10:34*

"I should make brunch" She got up and went to the bathroom to wash up.

- Sometimes later -

"Junko...Junko!" She whispered in her ear and shakes her gently.

"Huh...what?" Junko rubs her eyes.