Chapter One

~×~×~×~×~×~

~×~×~×~×~×~

Ladies and gentlemen alike moved cautiously through the ballroom, music playing softly behind them, masks hiding their faces. 

Elegant dresses swirled along to clicking of heels and the march of suitors. 

King and Queen Silvene stood near the center of the room, lost in their own conversation as they danced, absentmindedly leaving their daughter and son to fend for their own in the ball.

Together the curly haired siblings huffed, Junove's arms crossed over her chest, the gems on her dress digging into her arms, but she didn't care. 

"I only have to be here because I'm part of the family, what prince or princess will want to marry me? I'm not even going to rule in my lifetime!" 

William Silvene was the youngest in the Silvene family, while normally he was aloof, quiet and drawn back, right now he felt comfortable in the presence of his sister. He let out whatever thoughts strayed to his mind, especially the ones where he complained about being away from his horses and his garden. 

"I could be feeding Narples the second right now! Or checking on the tomatoes!" He frowned, shoving his hands into his suit pockets, his dark blue eyes peering out from behind his mask. 

William was dressed in a black suit with a navy blue tie, dress shoes that were slightly too big, and a rather plain mask. It was black like his suit, but it was decorated with small silver angels and a god in the center, his mother picked it out of course. 

"William, you've repeated that two times now, please, go see if any of your friends are here, or talk to some princes, see if they're into you, or charm a princess.." his sister, and heir to the throne pulled one arm up, pushing her own mask up slightly. 

Junove Silvene has always been a headstrong girl, and one to retaliate against her parents at every chance she was given. Though, tonight she was strictly monitored by all waiting staff and her mother.