The cash wasn't important to Ahsoka. She could get money other ways if she was really desperate, but opportunities to do something that really made a difference were much harder to come by without the Jedi delegating projects to her. While she did have Anakin helping out, he had other obligations elsewhere in the galaxy that took precedent. Plus, it would be good to not make another enemy while she was on her own. "Deal."

"Alright. I'll be back later so I can tell you everything I know. We can figure out a strategy from there."

Ahsoka nodded. "Sounds good."

Ventress turned to leave, but she hesitated a moment just before the door. She turned her head over her shoulder, her eyes refusing to meet Ahsoka's. "I'm sorry about what happened to you, by the way, with the Jedi and all."

Ahsoka was surprised by this. There was a whole new side of Ventress she was just beginning to see, and she hoped that it would lead to friendship in the future rather than an "I won't kill you if you don't kill me" pact.

"Thank you," Ahsoka replied. "I'm sorry, too."

Ventress said nothing. She turned her head and walked out the door, leaving Ahsoka to her thoughts.

Ahsoka didn't get very much done the rest of that day. Her mind was too occupied with Nyx, Lux, and now Ventress.

As she finished installing one of the last pieces on a broken speeder bike, the door opened, and the bell at the front desk rang.

She reached out in the force and was surprised to discover that it was Nyx. She put down her tools and climbed out from under the speeder she had been working on.

"Hey, beautiful. Sorry I missed lunch. Something was going on at work and I really couldn't dip." Nyx helped her to her feet and wiped some of the dirt from her face.

After her conversation with Ventress, Ahsoka had completely forgotten about their lunch date. But he didn't need to know that. "Oh, it's okay. We can just do something tonight instead. I have to meet a... um... friend to catch up this evening, but after that I'm all yours."

"That sounds perfect." He took a step closer. "I haven't stopped thinking about you since last night."

Ahsoka could feel her cheeks heating up. "Me neither." She took a step back and bumped into a bike. "You're just so... different from anyone else I've met."

"A good different I hope." Nyx wrapped an arm around her lower back and pulled her close to him. "Because I have a feeling I'm going to be seeing a lot more of you a lot more often."

Ahsoka was suddenly conscious of the lack of space between them. She felt his hot breath on her cheek and the desire in his eyes. As his face inched closer to hers, she couldn't help but think about all the reasons she shouldn't be doing this. But no matter how hard she tried, she just couldn't bring herself to look away.

"You're shaking. You afraid of me?" he asked, his voice low and soft.

"Not of you," she whispered.

He nudged her chin up with his thumb, and her lips parted with a sharp intake of breath. It was hard not to notice the gentle rise and fall of his chest, the smirk on his lips, and the eager look in his eyes, flitting to her lips and then quickly away.

"Good," he said softly.

He pulled her to him and covered her mouth with his in a hungry kiss. She was surprised at first but responded almost immediately. How could she resist? His mouth was so warm, the caress of his lips softer than she could have imagined. She sat down on the bike behind her as he tasted tentatively with his tongue.

It was strange, almost wrong to be kissing anyone other than Lux, but she supposed that feeling would fade with time. She kissed him harder as she pushed Lux from her mind and focused on the way his hands felt as hey slowly slid along her open back, pressing deeper into her skin.

"We could go back to my place and have some more fun," he said, kissing her neck.

She let a small moan escape her lips as he found a sensitive spot. Her hands played with his hair, which was much thicker and longer than Lux's.

When he reached for her belt, she pulled away slightly. "After dinner," she murmured. "Not here, not now."

"Oh yeah?" he said, kissing her again. "You don't sound too sure."

He reached again, but she stopped him. "I'm hungry, and I have to change before we go."

"Okay, okay," he said, taking a step back. "I'm going to hold you to that, though."

She rolled her eyes. "Of course you are." She stood up. "Now let's go before I change my mind."