Chapter 13 - Skaði

Riding a horse sure was a way to travel, though, you still prefer taking a car. It was a long ride and to be honest you were a little scared of horses, what? They're big animals! Anyways, you couldn't help but grip Loki tighter every time there was a sudden bump. To this, he chuckled and carried on.

Finally, after going through the city you reached the golden gates of the palace of Asgard. The shimmering castle of layered blocks of gold reached the skies as it went upwards in a triangular form. You stare in awe out of your cloak causing Loki to chuckle "Beautiful isn't it," He says.

"Beautiful? It's freaking amazing!" You smile and carry on admiring the view until you reached the stables. "God it smells," You pinch your nose, Loki gets off the horse and helps you off, grabbing you by the waist. "T-thanks," He smiles as men take away the horses. As he takes your hand in his and he leads you up a flight of stairs to the main part of the palace. Gold and stone-lined walls filled the space, paneless windows carved out looked out onto the gardens.

"Hurry, Father has heard of our arrival," Thor says as a guard walks away from the group. Turning a corner you reached the grand doors of the throne room. Your heartbeat picks up its pace as you see a man stationed at the foot of the giant throne. A woman stood by him with a smile on her face.

As you come to a halt everyone bowed, causing you to let go of Lokis hand and curtsey just like you saw in the movies. "My sons, Lady Sif... Lady Sif you are dismissed," Sif took a step back and went out the door immediately. Thor and Loki made their way to the woman and took her hand and kissed it lightly. During this time you dared not to make eye contact with the man who stood before you.

"Father," Thor started, you pieced together that the man and woman were the king and queen of Asgard, therefore the father and mother of Thor and Loki. "We have brought Lady Y/n who we think is... not of earth," Thor holds up your pendant and hands it over to his father.

"You may be correct," You finally look up at the woman by his side and see that she has been looking at you this whole time, smiling. smiling back sheepishly you finally make eye contact with the king. "Y/n, am I correct?"

"Y-yes, your majesty,"

"Walk with me,"

~~~

You left Thor, Loki and their mother, who you learned to be named Frigga, back in the throne room. Guards surrounded you as you walked with Odin down the halls. "I-if I may ask, what do the symbols on my pendant mean?" Odin chuckles and takes a look at your pendant once more.

"Child of Winter," He says, you look at him in understanding and carry on walking. "Come with me," You follow him down a hall to a big room with books lining the walls, the library. He takes out a book from a shelf and opens it up to a page, with pictures of seasons that moved as if it were real.

"What are we doing here?" you asked politely.

"To uncover your ancestry, my dear," you nod and look back down at the book. "It seems that you aren't human as you may have thought, you seem to be of the nine realms, more specifically, Vanaheim, a realm which holds a group of gods, like Asgard," He turns a page.

"G-gods?" You looked shocked as the picture in the book moved to show a nature ridden plain.

"You see, Vanaheim is the home of the Vanir and Asgard the home of the Aesir. Your mother, who we suspect is Skaði the goddess of winter, was a Vanir, who went missing many years ago after giving birth to her daughter, whomst we do not know the name of, it was said that they were kidnaped for ransom by bandits on their way to Thrymheim, but this was never proven,"

This was a lot to take in, your real name was unknown and not Y/n L/n, your biological mother was a goddess and dead in the hands of bandits on her way to someplace called Thrymehim? Half the places he mentioned you didn't know and you were undoubtedly confused. "Sorry I just need a moment to-" You take a step back and take a moment.

"If it is any consolation you are a spitting image of her," You smile and chuckle, that was nice to hear. "Well, I hope this shed light onto your past, good day, Lady Y/n," And with that Odin left you with your own thoughts, and with books you could not read. You sit down on the green and gold couch and sigh, closing your eyes.

"Are you alright, Lady-" immediately you conjure up a spear and hold it to the neck of the sudden presence in the room.

"Loki! Don't do that!" You grumble.

"My apologies, I was just wondering about your well-being with all this sudden news," he sits beside you as you retract the spear and look down.

"I guess I'm alright... I mean I may be the daughter of a Vanir? Which is a type of god/goddess and I wanna find out more but I just can't read these books!" You comb your hair frustrated.

"No need to fret... I'll simply-" he waved his hand over the page of the book, the symbols morphed into English and you smiled thankfully. "-Cast an illusion over it," you look over the book and turn the page to see a woman standing proudly. At the top of the page a single name was written bold and clear: Skaði. You flicker back to the woman and see she has the same features as you; h/c hair, e/c eyes, even the same nose, mouth and face shape.

"Odin was right, I am a spitting image of her," at the foot of the page you saw more information about her. "Skaði, daughter of Thiazzi, wife of Njord, goddess of winter... That explains a lot,"

"It seems... that you may need time alone," he was about to stand up but you quickly grab his hand.

"N-no, don't go, I actually like your company," you chuckle and pull him back down. "Anyways, I may not find everything in here, may need an illusion or two over other books," You smile and look back down before you start to blush at his smirk. For the next hour or so you and Loki spent reading about your very vague past. In that time you found out that you may just be part frost giant since your mother was a giantess, the other half of you was pure Vanir since your father was one. You had to find out how to transform into a frost giant, despite Loki's protests.

Your time on Asgard will be one hell of an experience

~~~

SEE YA NEXT TIME MY LOVELIES
❤️❤️❤️