the truth finally comes out...for definite this time.

Start from the beginning

that was two years ago now. thankfully, alec was now back in full health, he was coming home with the odd bruise from practice, and most importantly, the hope had returned. he'd refused professional help at the time, but maryse did eventually convince him to at least get a therapist.

basically, her point was, that she thought magnus was amazing. he'd done wonders for her son. in their several months together, she'd seen a massive improvement.

"alright isabelle. come on, let's let the boys have their peace."
"ugh, fine."

alone once again, magnus and alec shared a quick glance at each other, and burst into fits. they laughed until their sides hurt.
"god i love you. you're so beautiful."
magnus grinned again, and they shared a soft kiss.

it was currently 11:00am, and they had until half eight all to themselves. they were meeting up with josh at this time. part of magnus was telling him to be happy because he'd get clearance, but part of him felt bad for the poor guy.

oh well.
ya snooze ya lose.

————————————

he was trying not to show it, but alec was getting increasingly nervous. part of him hoped it wasn't true, but now everything seemed to fall together. it made sense. all the times he'd caught josh smiling a little harder than usual, the slight dismay in his face when alec talked about magnus, and mostly when he basically said that he was in love with his best friend.

who was alec.
sometimes alec wasn't really the brightest.

he and magnus has went out for dinner. it was just past 7pm, so they still had a while before they had to meet with josh. they decided to take a walk on a nearby beach, and stopped to sit at the water's edge.

"i love the sea. it reminds me of home. when everything was actually good in life. don't take offence- i just mean, well, my life was nowhere near as complicated as it is now."
alec realised he didn't know much about magnus's past. he'd never asked because he didn't want to intrude, but right now magnus seemed willing to open up a little.
"where did you live, before you moved here?"
"indonesia. born and raised, although my mother was half-indonesian half-dutch. i lived in a little seaside town, and it was lovely. so beautiful. so much natural beauty and wildlife. i moved here when i was 10. because...my...my mother...she...yeah. sorry."
alec watched magnus's eyes well up, and rather than say anything he just held him. magnus gave a few soft cries before moving his head away, drying his face, and composing himself again.
"i want her back, alec. i miss her. she didn't deserve it. i didn't."

alec listened to him. "i know, i know. i'm sure she was wonderful. and i'm sure she was beautiful, to have had you."
"she was. stunning. so amazing and elegant."

silence held on, just like the two teen boys did to each other. alec didn't speak, but he related to magnus's pain. they both had a traumatic event in their life.

and alec feared anyone finding out his.

—————————

josh sat on the park bench, bouncing his legs because of his nerves. he was panicking.

he'd figured out what alec wanted to talk about, and he felt awful. it was one thing to have a massive crush on your completely oblivious best friend, but it was another for him to already have a boyfriend.

who was so much more attractive than you.

this night could go one or two ways; extremely well or utter bullshit.
josh was 99.357638% sure it would be the second option.

"i know, i know, it'll be fine."
josh froze as he heard the all too familiar voice of alec. he felt like he couldn't breathe, his chest was tightening up, and he could almost taste the vomit ready to spill.
"so uh...hey. i guess."

—————
an: hey y'all!! the only reason there's an author's note here is literally just to say that it was my 15th on last tuesday, and i'm going to hella mega!! if you don't know what that is, green day, fall out boy and weezer are doing a tour together and not only am i going, i'm gold circle standing!!

—————an: hey y'all!! the only reason there's an author's note here is literally just to say that it was my 15th on last tuesday, and i'm going to hella mega!! if you don't know what that is, green day, fall out boy and weezer are doing a tour toge...

i'm really looking forward to it and i'm so excited. also!! thank you guys so much for (just over) 5k on this!! i think we may be roughly halfway through this so when it's done obviously i'll have the sequel for it was only one night going, but how do y'all feel about a possible one shot book, based on music? as in; a song i like, and i'll write a malec one shot using the story of the song? lmk! love you all,
xosarah.