chapter 2

Avinash's pov:

"What did you read?" my mom asked furiously.

"Jjjob for N-NSS Mmmaster" I stuttered. Hearing me stutter my bestie couldn't handle her laugh so she done that which got her a glare from my mom.

"How many times should I remember you that YOU ARE AN ENGINEER" my mom shouted.

"But ma you know what I want." With that I left my home and my friend followed me like a vodaphone dog.

_________

"Why do you bring that form to my home? You know about ma, right?" I kicked the stone too hard.

"Sorrrrryyyy Avi baby, I thought ma would've left for her work. It was almost 10 am when I came home and she usually leaves at 8.30 for her work. But today my bad luck" she defended her with a sad tone.

"Yeah, it's OK. And it's my fault she stayed today at home since I woke up 9 in the morning. And you know right? She won't leave me without seeing me have my breakfast. So it's fully my fault. Sorry. " I regretted raising my voice at her.

"It's OK, darling." she told cheerfully which made me to cheer up.
___________

After leaving her in her job I came to my usual park. Shruthi worked as a costume designer for a big company.
I loved the park which have a lots of trees, children playing, a cheerful environment which was opposite to the inside of me. Particularly it had many memories of me with my appa. I just wanted to make everything serene in my life. But I didn't know how. My ponderings got interrupted with my phone call saviour calling. Seeing which my lips curved into upward. I picked with a joy.

"Heelllllooo, My saviour" I shouted.

"Hooiii.... Don't shout my eardrums are disappearing" I laughed.

" Meet at our spot. " the call cut off.
I followed the order given by my saviour.

Kriya's pov:

With a groan I opened my eyes hearing a sound that disturbed my deep sleep. Before finding the source of the sound I checked whether it disturbed my princess sleep. Gladly it didn't. Then I recognised it to be my phone tune and it had a caller name zoya. I swiped to attend.

"Hel- " Hhhaaapppy BDaaaayy Myyyy Bestttttieee Younnnggesst CEO of No. 1 Comppaanny of India" she yelled making myself to check whether my eardrums are working. Gladly it did.

"Yeah... Thank you. "

"Shall we cut ca- "Noooooo and never." I shouted making my Sleeping Beauty to stir up slowly and ask What happened amma with her sleepy tone.

"OK I call you later zoya. Bye. " With that I turned my baby and said nothing baby.

After one hour me and my baby headed to our car after our breakfast. Dropping her in her school my driver dropped me at my office.

After getting morning greetings I entered my room and at my desk was a parcel. I was terrified of even getting near of it and my hands were trembling while unwrapping them. There was something in red seemed to be a BLOOD!!!

My heart skipped a beat and all sort of negativity got it's role in my head and all lead to one thing MY DAUGHTER!!!

I started to sweat severely and my body was shaking. Out of anticipation I opened it to my great shock and relief it is a CAKE!!! A red velvet cake with lots of cream.

"Damn this cake. " I checked the sender with my shaky hands. There was none and with the anger I threw the cake to the floor. Then I called my daughter's principal with my quivering hands to check whether she was alright and sighed hearing that my baby is fine.

"Surrrpprise. " someone almost broke my office door. There she was my crazy bloody dumb buffaloo lunatic insane deadly disease my so called bestie Zoya. Her smile soon faded to see the disaster I made to the cake.

"What did y- "Have you gone crazy? Didn't I told you to not do anything so idiotic? But successfully you did. And that too in a bloody blood coloured cake? Really zoya? I am so done with you. " I shouted at her.

" But Miss World Wide Beautiful CEO the red velvet cake could not be in a heavenly white colour only the white forest does and you bloody loves red velvet. What should I say the cake maker? Sir I want red velvet cake not in a red colour but in a green, blue, violet, pink, yellow, white colour. Dude it's red velvet not a rainbow cake. the name itself having the word red." she told in a dramatic voice waving her hand in a rhythmic pattern.

"Whatever. Didn't I told you- y-yyyou know how much I p-ppanicked seeing the red colour that thaaat something happened to varu. " I said almost shed tears.

"Sorry kru. I didn't mean to." she came near me and comforted. I could see her regretting eyes. I agreed by nodding and gulped some water to ease my hastened heart beat.

"But what about my baby!!! It died. " she kneeled before the cake clutched her heart acted dramatically with fake tears. Here comes my stupid friend I laughed seeing that. Other than her and my baby no one could make me laugh. I thought.

After long chit chat she left and I almost done my work. I closed my door and since it was very late all the employees left except my security guards.

I went to parking lot and dialled my driver but she didn't pick up and I thought she might be sleeping. When I went to my car there was no driver and when I tried to call again, someone gripped my wrist and before I could shout he shut my mouth with his hand. I couldn't see his face since it was covered with mask. Before I tried to do something I heard his voice.

"Don't you think by being no. 1 you are making my boss angry. So if you and your daughter want to live then leave everything and run. My boss who is next to you will become No. 1. Don't try to do something idiotic, my boss who could create secret tunnel from his office could destroy you with a single signal. So do leave." with that he left me. I was almost dead at that moment. My body shuddered and quivered. I felt like fainting but I feared to even faint. At that moment I got only one person in my mind and I tried calling that one but the call was not being picked up or did he changed his number? Then I stopped calling.

I can face this without his help I thought.

😊😊😊😊