Chapter 1

Mimoza opens her eyes and is immediately confused. Her eyes don't meet the soft glow of her nightlight, but instead the harsh glow of the neon blue sun. Wait, Mimoza thought, a blue sun? Mimoza sat up and rubbed her eyes again to make sure she wasn't hallucinating. It was true, the sun functioned like the normal one, except it was blue. Mimoza stared at it till she had to look away, her eyes beginning to sting. She rubbed her eyes again and was ment with an even stranger sight.

     She noticed that the grass was not green but a soft pink. The sky was not blue but a light green. The valley she awoke in was in the same landscape as the one back home, it was just all different colours. Mimoza began to panic. Was she dreaming, was she hallucinating, was she dead, was she going crazy? She pinched her arm. "Ow!" She yelped. Not dreaming.

     Mimoza got off the ground and stood up. The smell of fresh baked muffins was in the air and the cool breeze tickled her skin. She suddenly began running North. "My house has to be here if this is here!" She explained to herself. As she turned the corner to where her house should be, what she saw surprised her.

     Instead of her family's small farm, she saw a small plaza, no bigger than her farm. It was decked out in multicoloured buildings ranging from the bloodiest red to the darkest midnight. The buildings were all small, the size of her family's small home or smaller. Mimoza got worried again. "What's going on, what happened?" She questioned no one but her mind. Again, she asked her self if she was going crazy.

     Mimoza shook off any fear she had and  walked down to the plaza. A couple steps in and she could already hear faint voices. She smiled, her mind again reaching out for hope, for a reason or explaination. Soon, she couldn't bare walking little by little and broke into a sprint. Mimoza didn't hear anything except the wind rushing past her ears. She didn't hear another person running behind her. As soon as she stopped for a breather, someone put a cloth over her mouth. Mimoza panicked and tried to fight back, but it didn't do much to help. She ended up gulping in more air, and Mimoza was soon asleep.