"Okay." AJ still looked confused, but agreed anyway, "As long as you're always with me, that's all that matters."

Clementine bit her lip nervously, she wasn't looking forward to this part, "If Violet agrees... I'm probably going to move into her room, so we can be together as much as possible."

AJ scrunched his face in confusion, "Why can't Violet move into our room? She can have my bed and I can sleep with you, I'm small enough still."

Clementine's face dropped, she knew this was going to be hard to explain, but AJ wasn't making it any easier, "When you're married... you... sleep in the same bed, so, Violet and I would want to be together."

"Okay then Violet can sleep with you in your bed and I can stay in my bed." AJ smiled at his solution, so satisfied with his answer that he turned and continued his walk back to the school. Clementine caught him by the arm and pulled him to a stand still. He slowly rotated around to face her again.

"When you're with someone a long time, someone you love, you want to be alone together." Clementine's face burned red as AJ continued to look at her confused.

"But you love me too." AJ put his hands on his hips, "We can all be alone together."

"It's a different kind of love AJ..." Clementine rubbed at her temple in frustration, "Violet and I need to have our own room where we can be alone... together..." She stumbled over her own words, she knew she wasn't being clear but she didn't know how else to explain it.

AJ's face changed immediately, as if he suddenly understood everything Clementine was saying, that everything had clicked into place, "You want somewhere you and Violet can..." he leaned in close as if he were telling a secret, Clementine rolled her eyes but leaned in to listen, "kiss on the mouth."

Clementine attempted to hold back her giggle at his innocence, "Yes, you're exactly right kiddo."

AJ smiled smugly, "I'm gettin' real smart." She stood up beside him, nudging his shoulder, they began to walk back towards the school.

"You sure are." Clementine grinned, "So, are you okay with that? Me moving out of our room?"

"Yeah... I'll miss you, but then I can put up my own decorations right?"

"Of course." Clementine responded, AJ did a small dance of excitement and she shook her head, trying to look offended but unable to. As they walked she noticed some flowers growing along the way and began to collect them, she had an idea.

~~~~~~~~~

Violet sat at a picnic table, taking small sips of her stew, distracted by the lack of her girlfriend's presence. Her still full bowl sat at the empty spot next to her. Where could Clementine be? She had seen her come in earlier with AJ but she had made up some excuse and disappeared again. Was she hiding something? Was it bad? Violet feared the worst, pushing her bowl away, no longer hungry.

AJ came tearing around the school, he looked around frantically before he spotted who he was looking for. "Vi! Vi!"

Violet stood immediately from her spot at the table, heart thudding in her chest, "What is it AJ? Is Clem okay?"

AJ inhaled deeply, trying to catch his breath, "She needs you, in the bell tower, now!" He gasped out, hands on his knees.

She didn't wait for any more of an explanation. If Clementine needed her, she wouldn't keep her waiting. Violet sprinted towards the bell tower, AJ staying behind, the others staring after her curiously.

Violet reached the bottom of the tower in no time. A single orange flower sat at the bottom, she looked at it curiously for only a second before she began her climb. As she made her way up she found other flowers, purple and white and orange, stuck between cracks in the wall or balanced on debris. When she reached the window ledge a sheet of paper sat waiting for her. A rock was on top, a rock that looked shockingly heart shaped was weighing down the paper so that it wouldn't get blown away. She sat down on the ledge. Holding the paper between two shaky hands, she read.

Remember the first time we stargazed? It's something I'll never forget. Thank you for inviting me up here, for opening up to me. I know it wasn't easy. It wasn't easy for me either. I had closed myself off to everyone but AJ for the longest time. I never intended to fall in love and when I did, I feared it wouldn't last. That something would get in the way of my happiness just as it always did. Here we are though, so many seasons later. We've made it through the raiders, the bite, the caravan and so much more. I love you more than I could ever imagine. Something in me is saying that this feeling will never go away. I love you Violet and I always will.

your Clementine

Violet read through the letter more than once, her eyes misting over, she wiped at them furiously. Carefully folding the note, she stuck it and the rock in her pocket, making certain that she buttoned it securely so as to not lose it. Violet leapt from the window ledge to the small landing of the staircase that still remained with ease. On the bottom step sat a bouquet of flowers. Violet's heart thudded in her chest as she picked them up and held them closely with both hands. What was Clementine up to?

She felt nervous as she walked up the stairs, heart pounding and hands trembling. She clutched at the flowers to try and keep them still. She had met Clementine up in this bell tower countless times but this time was obviously different. Violet took a deep breath before she pushed the door open at the top. The sky was dark and the stars shone bright. She inhaled the warm night air, letting the door close behind her before she walked around the tower, ready to meet Clementine, to see what all of this set up was for.

When she stepped around the wall, she looked up from her shoes and could see Clementine waiting in their usual spot. She was in their usual spot but she wasn't sitting or laying down or even standing, all of which would be considered normal. No, Clementine was on one knee, hand held out towards Violet, holding something small. She looked as nervous as Violet felt as the blonde stood in front of her, flowers still clutched to her chest.

"Clem... is this...?" Violet could see what was in her hand now, a ring.

Clementine swallowed hard, her weighted question thick in her mouth, "Violet... I love you and I know.... I know that the world isn't what it used to be. That people might not get married anymore. I don't even know if I'm doing this right..." she trailed off, talking to herself more than Violet, "I'm pretty sure I remember the guy getting down on one knee in that movie my mom used to love when I was a kid, but maybe it was two?" She shook her head, realizing that wasn't what really mattered, "The point is, I want you to know that I will never abandon you, I want to be with you always... will you marry me?"

Violet just stood there, staring at her girlfriend. All the scenarios she had played out in her mind, none of them included being proposed to. She didn't know how to respond, the two same words kept running through her head over and over again leaving room for nothing else. holy. shit.

Clementine's hand trembled, tears began to fill her eyes and she looked away. "I'm sorry." She said in a small voice, "I know people might not really get married anymore... I probably took you by surprise. I didn't mean to put you on the spot..." Violet dropped to her knees in front of Clementine, flowers abandoned on the ground so that she could hold the brunette's face in her palms.

"Yes." Violet breathed out.

Clementine kept rambling on, "I mean... we wouldn't even have to have a wedding we could just say that we're... that we're... what did you say?" Clementine's eyes widened as she looked into Violet's deep green ones. "You... you said yes?"

Violet nodded and repeated herself, "Yes."

"You said yes!" Clementine threw her arms around Violet's neck, hugging her until the two toppled to the ground in excitement.

"I know." Violet laughed as they connected their lips, embracing on the stone floor.

A million questions flooded Clementine's head as they separated from their kiss, did Violet want to do a ceremony? How would she feel about Clementine moving into her room? Did the ring even fit?

But as Violet whispered, "I love you too, Clem." before kissing her again, deeper this time, all questions were left for another time.