Hiding in plain sight

Start from the beginning

"Now Ronan, we'll see who is the better spy guy" I remarked to myself, trying to spot him.

----------

Ronan's point of view:

  I can't say I was very proud of leaving Ben alone but I had to do what I had to. I had spotted the target and I couldn't let him get in the way of my super awesome spy mission.

  At first I couldn't find the man, so I settled with looking around a bit. I took great care to not look like I was looking for someone though. I just acted as if I was a curious kid wandering through the market, hoping to find something of my interest.

  And that's when I did find the something of interest, the something that was very much of interest indeed.

I focused on the big burly man that had fallen in to my field of vision.

  I didn't know his features clearly, nor could I confirm this was our guy, but there was something about his attitude, and his body language, which gave it all away.

  I pushed my way through the crowd of people, trying my hardest not to lose sight of the man. A couple of times I did too, but the man was so huge compared to the others that it didn't take me long to find him again.

  I wondered why this strange man was here though. It's not like he was here to buy some vases for his house. Did he have to meet someone here? Did he have to get something?

I had to find out.

  The man walked on for a while, before walking in to one of the decently sized cafes that were in the market.

I didn't tell myself to do anything otherwise: I went in.

  It was a decent café, decent size, decent color scheme, and the place in itself was very clean, which was pretty nice admittedly. There was a pleasant aroma about the place too, one that radiated coffee and maybe a little hint of toast as well. I made a mental note to have breakfast here sometime.

  My eyes darted left to right, trying to see where the man was, but he wasn't anywhere to be seen. Instantly my eyes caught sight of a flight of stairs, and no time was wasted in climbing them and ascending to the second floor. My guy had to be here.

  And there indeed he was, seated in the far corner giving off a negative vibe which I could feel all the way from there. He was on the edge of his seat, hands on the table and his head bent down, so that his face was partially concealed. He looked as if he was slightly uneasy though, and the fact that he chose a table for two to sit at meant he was waiting on someone.

Now who was that someone? It was time to find out, via a little "hiding in plain sight"

-------------

Charlie's point of view:

  Every inch closer we got to them, I felt my hair stand even more on end. And every inch closer we got to the men, I became even more cautious. More cautious about my actions: where I stepped, and even how I was breathing.

  I felt as if my accelerated heartbeat would cause detection by the men, and I put my hand over it, trying to ease it.

  Crouched within the cover of the back wall of the house, we three were as alert and as silent as the prey of a predator who was trying to evade capture. It was a game of true stealth, not one error could be made, not one wrong move, no inaccuracy in anything we did.