Chapter Two

Chapter Two

Cassidy paced back and forth between the pews in the small Church. In his hands, he still gripped a large shovel, slightly battered and bloody by the sheer force that he had knocked the now undead girl out. The preacher, Jesse Custer, sat across the girl, who was now sprawled out on a wooden pew, his brown eyes not leaving the body. There panicked talks had subsided and now they only awaited for the girl to wake. This is what they knew.

They had a girl that showed up at the church, definitively died, but was no longer dead. Any wounds that would have caused said death was no longer there, and she looked in perfect health, besides the cut on her head provided by Cassidy.

After inspecting her pockets, car, and even her damned dog, they found she had no identity. Or at least, no identity they could say was her. In fact, she had more identities then one person should have to create. Her wallet held no license, but it did hold a couple hundred dollar bills that had seemingly disappeared. There was a box in her glove compartment that held various documents that named her as Ruth, Mary, Aphrodite, Aieo, and strangely enough, Greg. Her cell phone was locked, but on the screen, they could see numerous miss calls by someone marked J.

Lastly, they knew that somehow, she knew what Genesis was. That was the most concerning because neither Cassidy or Jesse himself knew what Genesis was longer than a month.

"She might be a bloody angel," Cassidy suggested as he broke the silence. "That would explain the Genesis thing, and how the fact that she's not dead. We both know those wankers just don't die."

"She's not an angel. Their bodies don't feel, they just duplicate," Jesse muttered as he looked up at him companion. "For the love of God, would you just drop that fucking shovel. What is she going to do?"

"Eat yer brain, that's what she's going to fuckin' do," Cassidy exasperated before he threw the shovel down to the side. The large tool landed with a loud clatter that echoed through the small wooden church. "And when she's chowin' down on that brain of yers, you're going to wish your mate Cassidy had that shovel to defend you."

Before Jesse could retort, the girl's phone rang.

'Reach out and touch faith!' Marilyn Manson's voice alerted the two of a new caller to his cover of Personal Jesus.

"She likes Manson. Might as well be a demon," Cassidy said before Jesse reached out and grabbed the phone. The strange called J was calling for her again. This time, Jesse Custer answered.

"Aura, where the heaven are you? You need to answer your phone. If we're gonna-"

"Who the fuck is this?" Jesse cut him off. He took note of the girl's name, Aura. There was a long silence on the other end of the phone.

"I think I can ask you the same thing. Where is Aura?" From the end of the line, Jesse could hear the man sneer out twist out behind the mans clenched teeth.

"She's a little... busy at the moment. But I want to know who the fuck you are and why the hell she's at my church," Jesse said easily as he looked to the girl.

"I don't think you know who you are messing with..."

Aura had been awake for quite some time. Her mind was reeling from the hit, but as she woke she heard the two men by her bickering. She kept very still as she tried to listen in and piece together what happened. Her back ached against the olden wooden bench she laid on.

The last thing she truly remembered was getting stabbed in the leg. The rest was fogged up by pain and the time she knew she must have spent in hell. What came next? She had found somewhere, but not in time. A church, she remembered as she tried to focus. And she sensed something then, something she still sensed now. Aura sensed something extremely powerful and extremely dangerous. Didn't she recognize it? Hadn't she muttered a word?

Genesis.... Yeah, it was Genesis, she thought. Of all the places she had to end up, she had to end up dying the arms of the man that held the most dangerous entity in the world. How would she sweet talk her way out of this one?

She had healed right? Why was she inside? Why had her head hurt so damn much? Then she remembered the other man had swung a shovel in her face. Aura had to give it to him... It wasn't an unfair reaction.

Instead of alerting the two men to her presence, she laid and waited, and most importantly, listened. She started to gain more from them then they had gotten about her from the hours she was asleep.

First of all, their names were Jesse and Cassidy. Jesse was the one who held Genesis. He was southern, the pastor of this Church, and a bit of a badass. Cassidy was his mate (?), very Irish, had many substance abuse issues, and was, most confusingly, a vampire. Surprisingly enough, Aura had never met a vampire before, especially not an Irish one. This could be promising.

Aura was able to amuse herself until she heard her phone go off. Right when she heard it, she kicked herself. It was J... The girl sat up, one hand holding her injured head while the other rose in surrender.

"I swear to everything above and below, if you hit me with a shovel again I'm really going to be pissed," she said. The two men snapped their attention to her and without another word, Jesse hung up his phone. Cassidy, of course, reached to pick up the shovel he had thrown to the ground.

"What I think ye should do is start talking..." Cassidy said, his face stone as he tried to appear threatening. Aura knew both these men were clearly dangerous, but a slight smirk appeared on her face as she looked between them. She held out her free hand as if to introduce herself.

"The name's Aura. Never really been around these parts, but my dad's gone missing. I'm on a bit of a road trip to find him."

Jesse looked between her and her hand, one arm crossed over the other. "What are you?" he asked her.

"Well aren't you one for pleasantries. I'm a human... Like you and not like your friend over there," Aura answered as she gestured to Cassidy.

"Hey! I'm very much a...." Cassidy went to dispute before Aura interrupted him with a quick "vampire!".

"I was listening the whole time you two were trying to figure me out. It was cute really," she said as she looked between the two.

"How do you know what Genesis is?" Jesse asked, trying to ignore her attempts to either rile them up or worm her way out of it.

"It's obvious really. It's the reason dad went missing in the first place," Aura said as she watched the two. Jesse raised an eyebrow as Aura looked between the two. Letting out a breath, Aura shook her head. "For heaven's sake do I need to write it on my forehead?" The girl stood to her feet and looked between the two.

"As I said... I am Aura. I'm also the daughter of God. Now... I'm starving, do you have anything to eat?"

Jesse and Cassidy watched her mouths agape as she sauntered her way past them towards the back of the Church, an excited Golden Retriever following at her side. 

((So... It's been a while. I'm so sorry to those who really liked this fanfic. I sort of got off the Wattpad train, but since the last season is coming out I think I'm going to finish this one off. As always, I hope you like this new installment. If you did, tell me what you like... tell me what you hated. Anyway to help me improve for later on! Anyways, thanks and have a good day!))