Two|Keep Your Head Up

͙⁺˚*・༓☾

Chapter Two|Keep Your Head Up

                    FOUR awoke covered with sweat upon her forehead, her heart beating rapidly, and the blanket she slept with was kicked down to her feet.

She glanced around the basement, her head feeling light, she got out of the make-shift fort and stood up.

It was just past noon on a Saturday, the sky a baby blue, no clouds, and the sun shining brightly.

"Mike!" She shouted.

No response.

"Mike!" She shouted louder, becoming anxious. "M-Mike!"

A moment later footsteps were heard coming down the staircase in a rush. "Is everything alright?" Mike questioned, concern clear upon his face as he rushed over to the mysterious girl. "Did something happen?"

She immediately hugged him, her fragile hands clinging to his blue and white striped shirt, her face tucked into the crook of his neck.

She could feel tears breaking free from the brim of her eyes, falling down her cheeks, and making their way to Mike's shirt.

"Hey, hey." He breathed out, rubbing her back gently as he hugged her closer. "What happened?"

"B-bad people." She said in between sobs.

"Bad people?" He questioned.

"C-close to finding ... m-me." She sniffled.

She wanted to hide from the world; being hidden in Mike's arms felt safe from everything that surrounded them, his comforting aura, protective hold, and his kind heart made her feel like everything would be alright.

"Did you see them?" Mike asked. He slightly leaned back, gently gripping her chin, he lifted her head up to face him.

"Y-yes." Four breathed out. Pointing at forehead, she was referring to her mind.

"El has powers, err. Does that mean you do too?" His eyebrows furrowing.

She blinked before nodding her head. "Y-yes."

"What can you do?" Mike unwrapped his arms from around Four as she did the same. "Can you move things with your mind, ya know, like El can?"

Four nodded her head, but held up one finger to let Mike know to 'wait.' She then extended her hand out in front of her- like Eleven would do -and made the small table lift into the air before dropping back to the floor.

She looked at Mike.

Mike grinned. "Awesome." He placed a hand on her shoulder- which made her flinch -and so he instantly removed it. "Can you do anything else?"

She nodded her head. "Draining though."

He nodded, gesturing for her to sit on the basement couch. "So are you hungry or something?"

"Y... yes." She murmured.

Mike hummed and grabbed ahold of her hand. "Come on. I'll find you something to eat."

"W-what about..."

"My family? They're gone out." He interrupted.

"What exactly is family?" She murmured.

"Family is, err, basically the people you grow up with and are stuck with. They share the same blood as you- well sorta. It's hard to explain." He stumbled over his words.

"O-oh." She breathed out as she allowed the ebony haired boy to pull her upstairs and to the kitchen.

Neither one of them knew this was the beginning of a beautiful and blooming relationship.

———
A/N: You are more powerful than Eleven due to being the fourth experiment at Hawkins Lab. Your powers are:

Psychic Shadow: the ability to mask psychic presence, hiding from other psychics.

Thought Manifestation: the ability to control the thoughts of others.

Telekinesis: the power to manipulate objects and matter with one's mind.

Psionic Healing: to heal others with one's own telekinetic powers.
———

☾༓・*˚⁺‧͙

NOT EDITED
WORD COUNT: 520 WORDS