escape #45

"Can I have your spoon?" I eyed the small metal ware like it was gold. The person I asked stare at me like an idiot, his jaw open slack, the spoon centimetres from his mouth full of rotten teeth.

I raised an eyebrow in annoyance, "Come on I don't have all day, and can I have it?" I persisted noting the burly guard walking around eying us in disgust.

He handed me the spoon, a stupid perplexed look written across his face. "Thanks Mate!" I smiled real big and scampered off to my table.

"Radke triumphs again!" I said, plopping my scrawny ass down beside my cell mate Jack, he looked at me then the spoon and shook his huge bald head.

"A spoon? another harebrained escape scheme?" He asked in a bored tone, I grinned like a kid at Christmas.

"Yep!" I said, jumping up and down in my seat slightly.

"You’re going to dig you way out?" He asked, I sighed exaggeratedly. "No! What do you take me for?" He raised one thick eyebrow.

I rolled my eyes, jumping slightly when the loud siren that meant the end of 'lunch' rang. I frowned; standing along with everybody else. I followed around behind Jack, flogging spoons off the tables and shoving them down the front of my pants.

We lined up single file and I was still grinning, tonight was the night I was going to make a break for it. Nothing could stop me, well things could but nothing is going to wipe the grin from my face.

The line moved slowly as the guards clipped the cuffs around our ankles and wrists, you know just for safety measures. I'd already tried to make a break for it via the 'run for your life away from the guards with the cuffs' I was tackled, beat down and dragged back to my cell, smiling like I'd won the lottery the whole time.

"Radke, number...do do do" He checked down his list of names and numbers, I reached my now cuffed arm across and pointed out my name on his clipboard, ticking it he nodded to the other guard on my other side, ticking off Jack next.

I practically bounced down the hallway; Jack cuffed behind me complaining of being jerked around and pulled. Wolf whistles and howls could be heard as I waltzed past the numerous cells. I was a pretty boy around here, well my left shoe could be pretty around here, most everyone was big, bald, covered in tattoos and growing a moustache.

It always gave Jack the shits, he treated me like a younger brother and was the only reason I still had my anal innocence.

I smacked into the guard in front, not paying attention to where I was going. He glared daggers at me and un-cuffed my arms and legs. I scampered into my cell, Jack following close behind. The doors clanged shut and I grinned like a fool.

"So oh genius Radke what are you planning on doing with all those spoons?" Jack asked, laying lazily across his bed as I lined all my spoons up, counting them out.

I turned and began to pace, my face furrowed in thought. "I'm going to pick the lock on the door's, trip the security box's and run like I've got a minute to live." I stated grandly, throwing my arms open for extra measure.

He stared straight faced at me for a couple of seconds before he burst out in laughter. I just flipped him off he always laughed at my escape plans, well he won’t be laughing when I do finally get free.

"We'll see who is laughing when you’re looking at my lily white from behind the bars." I stated smugly, he shook his head; amusement still evident on his face.

"Time to perfect ‘Radke Escape number 45’" I rubbed my hands together like they do in the movies.