The Salty Frienship

It was early morning. I had only just finished getting ready. My H/C hair was brushed and cleaned(even still a little damp) and I was wearing a black dress that was well-fitted with it fading to F/C. I didn't like it because of how tightly it hugged and enunciated my body shape. Frowning slightly at the dress in the bathroom mirror, I sighed and sucked it up. If I got cat called and called a slut, so be it. I didn't have any money after the hotel so I couldn't do much with clothes. Charlie gifted me this one and I stole the money.

Walking around the hotel, I lounged in the lobby, fiddling with my claws. There wasn't anywhere else to really go. I lifted my head, spotting Alastor as he walked by. "Hey." Was the only thing I bothered to say. He paused and snapped his neck to look at me. Alright... a little extra there. "Yes?" Alastor asked, sounding slightly impatient. "If you need a place to be, just shoo. Go kill people." I waved dismissively. Alastor swung his body to match the direction of his head as he strolled over to me. I pressed my body against the back of the chair a little more out of fear like any sensible demon. Now it was my turn to cast an inquisitive look at him. "Have I ever told you how boring Hell is? I'm only here to help Charlie with her delightfully silly little hotel for entertainment. You could say, a change. Just for once." Alastor smiles and shrugs, before walking off and leaving me with Husk and my own thoughts. Husk never really talked or acknowledged me, just looked angry but tolerated most at the front desk. I cast a glance his way and he returned it, but we exchanged no words. "Dear, it's Halloween! Cheer up, you're never fully dressed without a smile, after all!" Alastor gave one last swing at trying to get me less moody. "You went from edgelord to sunshine lollipops reeaaaal fast." I crossed my arms and glared at him.

It was a long time of us arguing and the occasional few second power outage until he finally persuaded me to at least leave the hotel. "I'm NOT dressing up. I'm not a little kid." I hissed at him. Alastor had his eyes lidded as he looked at me. "Never asked." Was all he said, before spinning around and throwing the doors to the hotel open. With every movement this man made it looked like we were the stars of some sort of theatrical play. "Come along." He said, his voice lined with impatience. "Very well." Adjusting the annoyingly tight dress, I followed after him. Literal candied heads were being handed out. I shivered, the grotesque scenes revolted me. "Unpleasant." I muttered under my breath. I found myself walking closely to Alastor under these circumstances. "Regretting your decision?" Alastor asked, his voice similar to that of a purr as he practically mocked me. "Please. I always do whenever I'm around you." I elbowed him, and as a reflex he snapped his fist out and winded me.
As I stumbled back, Alastor looked maliciously at me, although his eyes sparkled. "Oops." He hummed and continued walking. Growling, I followed him. "Hahahaha I'm rolling on the rabies covered floor and laughing my ass off." I said flatly, my ears pressed against my head and arms crossed over my chest. I stomped beside him. "It's Halloween. Yeah, okay, sure whatever." I snapped. "Everyone here is participating for shits and giggles because everyone here is an asshole in this shithole and drug infested hell." I released a ton of slurs as my shoes splashed small puddles of bloody and ashy water. "This is STUPID." I yelled at Alastor. "If you would stop whining, then maybe it wouldn't be." Alastor said simply, and continued humming.
I then felt bad. Holy crap was I being a brat. Having possibly the biggest mental cringe I've had in my.. well.. I guess I can't say lifetime anymore, I fell silent and looked around.
Solicitors knocked on doors, groups of teenagers feasted on those candied demon heads being sold. I blinked. Kids that were born in Hell didn't come out often for good reason, but now they were everywhere. I felt Alastor place his arm around my shoulder like he did with Charlie often and gesture around this part of the city. "See! If you shut up, it isn't as bad!" Alastor beamed down at me. "....Fine, you win, I agree." I sighed and continued walking. Every part of my body was stiff with awkwardness, but I couldn't bring myself to be rude and shove his hand off my shoulder so I just... walked. Even though we got gawked at and stared at so much. I felt relieved to not be alone. Who knew Hell would be this... interesting. I'm sure everyone imagined a bunch of skeletal versions of themselves lining up to jump into a fiery pit over and over again or relentlessly whipped and devoured by monsters with one eye six legs and a giant body. But no, it turns out there is an entire life out here for you to relive.