Prologue

Prologue-

I remember that day so clearly it was almost like it happened yesterday. Sometimes I think about it, but then when I realise that the pain will never go away that's when I stop and think; and ask myself, what if? What if I could go back in time and change it all, take back everything I said. I'd say no, because even though I went through all the pain and hurting to get to where I am today. I can't imagine myself anywhere else then where I am today.

Everything I ever wanted, I lost; and everything else followed from that day forward. No one could prepare me for the sharp turn my life took...

5 years ago...

"Will you go out with me, Jordan?" I asked my crush Jordan. I'd liked him ever since I had met him when I was only ten years old, and today had been the day I worked up the courage to finally ask him out. My palms were sweaty and I felt sick to my stomach, you could say I was nervous; but that would be an understatement.

Jordan turned to me and laughed. He actually laughed; I didn't know why he was laughing so I just gave him a small smile. He then stopped laughing and looked me right in the eyes, my heart beat sped up; I was excited I swear that day I thought he would say yes; but I was so horribly wrong.

"I don't like you, you're not even my type and I will never like you." he said slowly. The way he was looking at me like I was something disgusting that he had stood on. I felt the tears well up in my eyes, I was so devastated. I had waited two whole years just to ask him out and he stoved it back in my face like I was some prostituted offering him a night of pleasure. He was the first and only guy I liked.

"I-I." I tried to say but it came out more like a stutter, because my crying had now turned into sobs. Jordan shook his head and grabbed my face in his hands. At that moment I thought he was going to kiss me and say sorry and that he didn't mean it; but instead he laughed. "We can never be together, you're not good enough for me; and let's face it your ugly, no one would want you anyway. Better suck it up now, because you're not getting anything from me." He said with a smirk, letting go of my face and leaving me in the school hallway, as I cried my heart out watching him leave.

He broke my heart into two pieces and in all under three minutes. I never saw him again after that day, but before he left, he spread horrible rumours about me around the school and from that day forward people avoided me like the plague. My friends left me, and I was bullied by them and everyone elsesaw this as an opportunity to make fun of the 'rejected' girl.

That was the day that I had my heartbroken for the first time, I'll never forget it for as long as I live. I remember the promise I made myself that day, 'Never look back, you're stronger than that. ' . I was only twelve when my first ever crush turned me down and turned my world upside down.

I never knew giving my heart up to my first crush, hell I'll admit I loved him; so I guess what I mean is I never knew giving up my heart to my first love would lead me to where I am today. I never knew my life would take a turn for the worse, I just never knew...

The events of my past life only got worse; my best friend Georgia killed herself that same day. She wrote me a letter that I still haven't opened to this day; I guess I was more scared of what it was going to say in it than seeing my best friends' last thoughts before she died. My brother and sister were killed in a car crash a year after Jordan rejected me, and just when I thought my life couldn't get any worse my life took a horrifying turn for the worse; my parents and I were attacked by vampires on my sixteenth birthday. I never believed in that kind of stuff till that day.

You'd think my life couldn't get anymore fucking worse, well it did after they killed both my parents in front of me; they let me bleed out. I remember as I was lying on the ground in my own blood, I was praying; I wanted to die so badly I've never felt so lost and I knew from the moment a gave up my heart to Jordan that I was long gone; but nothing could of prepared me for this. I promised myself if I ever got out of this alive I would never fall in love. I so badly wanted to die; my life just wasn't worth living anymore. Everyone one I love was dead, and I was all by myself, I would rather die than to live alone. I remember after the attack I just kept chanting over and over again, 'Kill me, kill me'. Life was just so unfair too me.

I was saved that night by John Murrando, a vampire from an organisation called K29. I never found out what that meant and to this day I still don't. The downside of being saved was I had lost so much blood that they had to give me a blood transfer, so you probably thinking 'yay, she'll live' right? Wrong. My body wouldn't accept the blood that was given to me; I was too far gone. John the vampire that found me, saw something in me and cut his wrists open and gave me his blood. My body accepted the sweet foreign blood. Turning me into a Dhampir; half vampire and human. Sound familiar? Yeah well that's what I am, and dam proud.

Because my parents, and brother and sister were dead and I had no other family members, I was put up for 'adoption' in the immortal world. John took me back to his boss Felix Muniz who asked me if I wanted to join their organization; he later adopted me; now he's my dad. I accepted the offer wanting to repay the handsome vampire for saving my life. They taught me all I know now, and when I mean all I know now I mean I'm a huntress.

It's not as you probably imagined it, hunting all vampires. K29 is an organization that is actually more like the creatures of the night police force and investigation team. It's weird, and it was when I first started but you get use to it. The kind of creatures we deal with are just the usual, vampires, werewolf's, demons, fairies, angels, ghouls, ghosts, witches, wizards; you name it and I've dealt with it. The organization is made up of different areas of field work like for example there are; investigators, officers, information gathers, and agents.

Your probably wondering what I am, I'm an agent/huntress, John on the other hand is an Agent and officer; he's kind of the business doesn't mix with pleasure type; even though women can't keep their eyes off of him. I was told he used to be the type that mixed business with pleasure but he stopped. He says it makes him uncomfortable that the women are imagining fucking him. It kind of funny, watching him scrim. I have heard a lot of stories about John since I joined the organization some of which are utterly disgusting such as that John pretty much fucks any girl that opens her legs; and others that since saving me he has changed, but I refuse to believe that. To me he's still the same handsomeladies man/manwhorevampire I met that night. I refuse to accept his other antics.

Since I was turned John's been by my side every step I've taken, through my training, every school I've gone to he has come with me, every mission I go on he's in the shadows watching me and making sure I don't get hurt or into trouble. Now for both I and John are being re-located to a large town called Mackenzie Falls. Felix (I call him, Daddy) wanted both of us to take a bit of rest even though we would still be doing missions, but I also needed to finish high school first, since I never got the chance too...

Yet... I didn't know that my small discussion to start at Mackenize Falls High, would bring me closer to the past and future at the same time, and turn my world upside down once again...

When the huntress becomes the hunted...

Copyright © 2010 J.E Puglia

A/N:

Votes and comments are welcome. I've decided that if I don't get some votes in the next few chapters that I will just stop writting this story all together, theres no point me wasting my time writting a story that I really want to finish and having no feedback.