STUBBORN MAN Creeper Vargas (1/2)

Start from the beginning

The run was only supposed to last two days. It was a charity gig, and Bishop, along with Tranq, thought it would be a good idea to bring a few of the girls if they wanted to join. It wasn't club business related, just bike enthusiasts, so it was safe for them to travel with the Mayans. Not many opportunities came around for old ladies to go anywhere with the guys, so of course a few of them jumped at the proposition.

Unlike their boys, Bella and Vivian weren't built for long days on the back of a bike. Two days turned into four, and four turned into a week. A full week bouncing around California and Nevada, hooking up with different charters, getting involved in fundraisers and charity, even a blood drive for the children's hospital. By rally number three Bella's legs were stiff, and the small of her back felt like it was never going to be the same. She needed sleep, real sleep in her own bed without the sound of a party next door, or drag racing Harley's on the street as background noise.

Neron had promised her this was it, the last one and then they could make the journey home. Bella hated to complain. She hated letting him down, so she kept her mouth shut and dealt with the sore muscles and stiff joints in private. Years ago, she'd been in a car accident that left her back worse for wear, and falling in love with a man whose passion was the most uncomfortable form of traveling was sometimes an issue, but most of the time it was manageable.

The motel they'd stopped at for the night was loaded with MC members from all different places. It was located just outside Reno, off an old highway. She could hear the sound of laughter wafting through the opened window of their room as clubs drank and hung out on the porches of their rooms. From someone's car stereo in the parking lot, Latin hip hop played.

Bella stripped off the shirt and jeans she'd spent the day in, threw her hair into a bun on top of her head, and headed into the bathroom. The hot water running in the tub had already steamed up the mirrors. She slipped out of her panties and bra, back aching for the relief of warmth. As she sank down into the bubbly water, she tried to relax, but felt her lower back lock at the new position. She winced as white hot pain shot down to her toes. Counting to ten sometimes helped, so she gave it a try with a deep breath.

In the midst of the pain, she hadn't noticed the sound of the door to their room opening, and she was startled by a knock on the frame of the bathroom. Her eyes shot up to find Neron, and she quickly masked the pain and smiled tightly.

"I told you to lock the door," he said softly with a disapproving shake of his head. He knew she was forgetful.

"Sorry, my mind was on one singular track, and that was this." She gestured to the bathtub.

"How you feeling?" He stepped further into the room, and sat down on the toilet seat, elbows resting on his knees. There was concern written all over his face.

"I'm okay," Bella said, reaching out and slipping her fingers through his, giving them a squeeze. "You getting into trouble out there?" She nodded toward the parking lot, but he shook his head, eyes looking over her naked body.

"I'd rather be getting into trouble with you," he said, and she sat up further, using his hand as leverage to lean over and steal a kiss, her breasts peeking above the sudsy water. His eyes shot down to the newly exposed skin and she grinned, sinking back down.

"Go have fun with the guys, mi amor. I'm just going to head to bed after this."

"You need anything?" Neron stood and leaned over the tub to press a kiss to the top of her head.

"No, I'm good." She leaned up just a little to connect their lips again, but winced at the sudden movement. Neron pulled back so their lips were a few inches apart, and locked her in an intense stare. He never missed a thing.