God, he was so talented.

She lifted her hand, her fingertips pressing to her lips as her emotions almost became too much. Harry was still grumpy some days but she wouldn't have had it any other way if she was being honest. Because even in his grumpiness he was loving and attentive. He'd made it clear over the last year where his priorities lay and the top of the list was where Samantha resided. Despite his busy career that seemed to have exploded now that he had returned, he still made sure Samantha knew she was what was important to him.

As if he could feel her emotions, Harry looked up from his microphone, his eyes meeting hers as a slow smile stretched over his face. Samantha removed her hand from her mouth and waved gently. He then went back to his singing, belting out a note that made her heart flutter in her chest.

Once the song finished, he turned to his band. After a few verbal notes about how he wanted it to sound during the show, he turned back to the microphone,

"Paging Samantha Wattson." His deep voice echoed through the empty venue, "Ms. Wattson there's a very important message waiting for you at the microphone. Please make your way there in the next five minutes."

"Subtle..." Samantha heard Harry's sound engineer say quietly as she walked by. She turned back to see him flash her a cheeky grin before he turned back to his work.

Samantha made her way to the stage, waving and saying hello to several crew members as she walked by. Rufus was perched at his usual spot, laying peacefully off to the side at the top of the stairs. He stood when he saw Samantha, lifting his nose to accept her ear scratches.

Harry frowned,

"So I come after the dog...is that it?"

Samantha nodded,

"Absolutely." She teased as she leaned down to kiss Rufus' nose. He layed back down.

Samantha walked the rest of the way to Harry. She greeted him with a soft kiss,

"How'd soundcheck go?"

Harry flashed her a knowing look,

"I'd say pretty well considering it looked very much like you were crying earlier..."

"I wasn't crying."

"Weren't you?" He asked as he turned back to put his microphone on the stand.

"No. I was...it was..." She realized she had no explanation so she gave up. Samantha walked up behind him. She slid her hands onto his hips, "I'm so proud of you." She whispered into his ear after lifting herself onto her tiptoes.

Harry turned to her, one eyebrow cocked,.

"Yeah?"

She nodded, keeping her hands on his hips as he turned around. She studied his swallows, something she'd done so frequently over the past year that she knew their every line and dot,

"Yeah." She finally lifted her eyes to meet his, "The last year has been..." She let her sentence trail off.

Harry lifted his hands to rest on her shoulders,

"Busy? Stressful? Terrifying?"

She giggled,

"Terrifying?"

He shrugged as he giggled himself,

"Well that fan chase was a little scary." He pointed out, remembering a few weeks ago when he and Samantha had been spotted out getting smoothies only to be chased back to the truck by a swarm of fans.