here with you

song: best friend by rex orange county (scruffpuppie cover bc he's baby 🥺)

*

the two teenagers sat on el's bed, laughing at something mike had said. they both hadn't realized how much of a mess they'd left the cabin, there was flour and eggs all over the floor, pillows from the couch were thrown on the ground from when they had a pillow fight, dirty dishes left in the sink, els room was a pigsty, everything was just a mess. by the time hopper got him, he was furious at the sight.

"el!" he shouted from the front door, in els room mike and el both looked at each other. "shit." was all she said before hesitantly coming out of her room, "yes?"

"what do you mean yes?! look at this mess!" the burly man huffed, "what mess?" she giggled, "el this is not the time to be childish. i know mike's here, i want you two to clean up this mess."

mike walked out of els room and pointed finger guns at him, "got it," he said with the click of his tongue, "please don't ever do that again." hopper grumbled rubbing his temples with his index finger and his thumb. "right..sorry." mike mumbled, "i'm going to be in my room, i expect this place to be spotless by 6. that gives you two an hour and a half. and after that mike you are to leave right after, okay?"

the two nodded at him and watched hopper trudge off to his room. "why'd you have to do the finger guns?" el whispered, "i don't know! it just happened!" he whispered back, "okay well we might as well start cleaning," she sighed, "let's start in the kitchen."

they turned to face the kitchen and saw an opened flour bag on the counter, half of its remains spilled out on the top. there was also flour on the floor from when they were throwing it at each other and dirty dishes and pans in the sink from when they cooked pancakes.

mike groaned at the sight, "how did we make such a mess?"

"it's your fault," el started, "you suggested pancakes."

"and you threw the flour at me!" he argued, "i definitely didn't do that." el flipped her finger at him and walked over to the sink. she turned the hot water on and started cleaning off the dirty dishes. mike looked around the cabin for a vacuum cleaner, when he found one he plugged the cord into the wall and started moving the machine around the floors. occasionally he would hit els foot "on accident" just to annoy her. which he succeeded in.

"mike, you do that one more time and i'll-"

he ran it into her foot and she turn around and threw the sponge at his face. "el that's disgusting," he said with a scrunched up face, "do you know a sponge is like a bacteria playground? that's honestly so gross-"

el threw a dishrag at him and started laughing. "what are you a germaphobic?" she snorted, "i am not! i'm just saying how disgusting that is."

"oh get over it!"