Chapter No. 6

Começar do início

"But there is no party. Won't he ask why he is the only one invited?" she asked nervously.

"Tell him we ditched at the last moment. Geez, do I need to teach you everything?" I joked and that earned me a nudge from her.

"Stop being so conceited, Missy. Your roommate's behavior is rubbing off on you." she stated and I groaned at the reminder of him.

"Ssshhh." I silenced her once I watched Alaric enter the cafe. He took his usual seat, opened up a book and started reading it. His back was facing us and the tight coat stretched over his back muscles made my mouth water.

"Time to return the favor." Tessa added as soon as she noticed him.

"Don't you dare do anything, Tessa." I told her with panic-stricken voice and she shrugged in return. Her wicked smile told me that there was no way in hell she would not interfere.

Warning her again, I picked up Alaric's usual order and ambled towards his table, keeping myself poised. "Pumpkin spice latte and lemon scone, your usual." I flashed him a smile and placed the tray in front of him.

He raised his head from the book and mirrored my smile. His few dark locks fell on his face and my hands itched to tuck them back. "Thanks Sophia." he used my name instead of just thanks.

Wait. Did he just call me by my name? Am I hallucinating?

"Y... Yeah. N... No p... Prob..."

Shit, where's my voice?

Somewhere behind Alaric, Tessa was slapping her forehead at my so-called flirting.

"No problem." I finally managed to say and before he could speak anything, I vanished into thin air, more like flurried back to the kitchen.

Tessa started to say something but I gave her a threatening glare. "Don't say anything." She just nodded in understanding and went back to the kitchen to do her work.

..........

Still in my embarrassed state, I rushed out of the cafe as soon as my shift ended. The thought of embarrassing myself in front of Alaric didn't leave my mind until I reached my apartment and watched the make-out session in front of me.

There was Noah of course, sitting casually on the sofa while a redhead was sitting on his lap and they were in the midst of a heated make-out session.

I would have screamed 'My eyes' like Phoebe in F.R.I.E.N.D.S but I have witnessed enough dorm hookups throughout the college to get immune.

But that doesn't mean I would let it happen. Tonight, I won't be the only one sleeping mortified.

With that, I embraced my evil half and once again walked out of the apartment, which they both didn't notice obviously.

This time, I knocked first and then stepped in, shouting at the top of my lung so they would hear my voice in the living room. "Hey Noah, Ian called. He said you left your undies in his room. Oh sorry," I stopped when I saw the girl and changed my expressions as if I was embarrassed for saying this.

The girl's eyes shifted from my face to Noah's, who was flabbergasted at the moment.

"Wait, are you gay?" she inquired, parting her face from him.

He began to speak but I stopped him in between. "No, not gay. He is bi. Well, he likes dicks more but it happens, you know."

"No sweetheart I-"

"You don't have to hide it Noah. It's 21st century, there is nothing wrong with being open with your sexuality." I meddled in between.

"Um..." the girl hopped off his lap and stood up straight. "Sorry but I only date straight men." After saying this, she ran out of the apartment sooner than I could blink my eyes.

My eyes shifted to Noah whose jaw was ticking profusely. "Why?" he spat.

"I told you before, no hookups in the living room." I shrugged and took off my hoodie. I sighed when the cold air hit my bare arms.

His frustrated frown changed into a playful smirk as he stood up to walk towards me. "If I didn't know you any better, I would think you're jealous." he let out a waggish chuckle.

I mentally scoffed at his confidence, as if I would ever feel jealous of his random hookups. Ashamed to admit but I was one of them and I knew better than sleeping with him again. Hell, I would sleep with my wrinkly landlord Rickard if I had to choose.

"Then it's good that you know better." I gave him a sly look and walked past him, into the room to wash away the memories of this morning.

________________________

Did you find something in this chapter that reminded you of Adam and Alicia?
*Coughs* last pargraph *Coughs*