Chapter two

The day has come for my checkup. I had to literally force myself out of bed this morning.

I've tried to persuade my mom into just letting me cancel the appointment- but she refuses. My father is fine with either choices as long as my vagina isn't brought up.

"Britt, last table then you can clock out." Marco says and I smile, taking menus and walking to a table with a couple, mid 30's, lates 20's.

"Hello, my name's Britt. What can I get you?"

"Taylor what do you want?" Asks the man, taking the menus and politely handing his date one.

"Um...a cheeseburger and a coke please."

"I'll get the same." The man nods, smiling. He has on a leather jacket and his brown hair is thick and swept back.

The girl is the complete opposite of his rigid, on edge look. She looks classy and vintage.

"I'll be back with your meals." I nod as I walk to the back, hanging the ticket up so the cook can make it.

I check the time, 4:25. I bring the couple their food before I clock out, saying goodbye to everyone and going to my car.

I slip in and take my time driving to the office since I have a good 30 minutes or more.

I hope this isn't awkward. God I hope it's not. I hope they just say I'm fine and send me on my way without even looking at me.

I pull into the doctors office and I climb out, pulling my bag with me as I walk inside.

It smells of rubber gloves and it's about 60 degrees in here. I walk to the counter and a woman greets me with a smile.

"Hello, I'm miranda. Are you here with and appointment?"

"Yes, Brittany Collins." I say and she types in her computer. She's the girl I spoke to on the phone the other day.

"Ah yes, just take a seat over there." She says and I nod, thanking her before I sit in a grey chair. I huff, listening to the soft click of the clock in the vacant room.

It must be near closing hours.

I hope this doesn't take long. And I also hope they don't probe me with needles or need blood or anything.

I have a weird phobia of needles. I cried so hard as a child when I got shots my dad had to practically lay on top of me.

Blood is meant to stay in the body so that's where mine will stay- willingly anyways.

"Miss Collins."

"Hm?"

"Dr.Styles will see you now." Miranda says and I look at the time, 10 minutes has passed, wow.

I stand, following her past her desk and into a door. We walk down a empty hallway, elevators filled the waiting room.

This hospital is quite large..did she say Dr.Styles? Isn't that the person who owns the building?

"Here we are, you're patient 119, make sure to tell him that so he knows he has the right file."

"Okay."

"And strip down and put this on." She says, handing me a hospital gown.

I hesitate for a moment, wasting to ask why but I decide against it as I take it from her hands.

I thank her before she exits, the medal door closing behind her. I huff, ridding my body of my clothes and slipping on the gown.

Suddenly I hear a light knock on the door and I say come in. The door creaks open and a extremely handsome, rugged man steps in wearing white scrubs.