The Sand Between My Toes

Weary of the relentless city grind ?
Break free of the grey city bind. Travel to the end of the land by the sea.
A new self you'll find.
Replenish your heart, reconnect with you.
Wander in the frothing surf.
Feel nature's infinite power. Crashing waves weave a reassuring harmony as it lashes the edges of the land.
Slate grey skies oppress the faded silhouetted sunset. 

Bournemouth pier man's futile attempt to reach out like a grasping finger in the Neptune's blue empire.
Like a half built bridge, they never managed to finish. With their industrial might they failed to span its naked blue wonder.

Little hopeful lights adorn it's jetty as the day fades to blackish night, guiding lonely fisherman's boats and hearts away from its jagged rocks below.

I trudge alone in the sand,  it's soft pliant texture squidges between my toes each step is soft and yielding. Each step recorded in memory on the sands endless canvass.
A record of every single hurt I feel.
But then suddenly wiped clean and like my fears and worries, erased by fizzing surf that laps cold around my feet.
Once more all the grains of sand are a blank canvas for me to paint a new life.
Through the rhythmically pounding waves and the shifting sands I plough.
Feel like I'm changing my life somehow.

I can reorder my thinking, adjust my direction, chakra points in place, my tarot cards read.
Every worry crumbles like the sand between my toes, my soul nourished and fed.
Simply walking on Bournemouth's beach as opposed to work instead