He sat down and threw his arm around my shoulders, lovingly pulling my head onto his. After years of working together, we had an odd bond that couldn't be broken.

"My, my, Alexis Campbell. I'm surprised by you. No noise from you for six years and here you are, blubbering at midnight in a graveyard." He said playfully, making my whole body jolt with a chuckle.

"Never thought you'd see the day where you'd catch me like this, huh?" I teased, wiping the tears from my cheeks. 

"Good thing I'm retired then," he said softly, trying to reassure me. 

"How's retired life treating you?" I asked lifting my head to peer into his dark eyes. 

"So far I've helped a few old friends, who happened to be very wanted by the FBI. To Australia of all places on this planet, but I enjoy the skies. Sometimes I think I missed out on my true calling in life. And how about you, Alexis? You were very quiet for many years how was your retirement?" 

"Sucked," I groaned, "I was convinced the love of my life was dead or caught. But come to find out, he was hiding with the enemy." 

"Mmm, I see Sebastian let the cat out of the bag. He was on a mission, though. You understand why." He said sincerely, giving me the impression he had helped Bas all along.

"You know---I never asked him to do that." He chuckled at me, rubbing his fingers over my arm. 

"That's never stopped him before." I smiled and nodded in agreement. 

"He's an idiot but he's my idiot," I said affectionately. 

"Are you ready to truly retire?" Branch asked looking down at me like I was his daughter with love in his eyes.

"Take me to Bas, Branch. Please. I want to cash in on that favor you owe me." I begged I couldn't wait to get my hands on Bas and hold him. 

"10 years ago I dreamed of this moment. You two outsmarted me every step of the way. And now? Now I'm just a friend helping out a friend. Let's get you to that plane." He held out his hand and I took it.

●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●

My stomach was on fire. The stomach acid I hoped to keep down was burning the back of my teeth, turning my stomach more. And the plane didn't help either. It was so small like a tin can being carelessly tossed through the air.

Speaking of---

"Branch," I choked out, holding my hand over my mouth. "Bathroom!!!" I shrieked with urgency. He raised a brow, looking up from his newspaper, but pointed me in the right direction. 

I ran like hell, faster than I had run in a long time. Before spewing my guts into the tiny toilet, in the tiny airplane, where I was sure I was going to be for the next 14 hours of the flight. 

"You ok, kid?" He leaned in the doorway, as I wiped my mouth. Leaning my back up against the wall. 

"Ask me in 14 hours," I grumbled, wiping a clammy hand across my forehead. 

"Motion sickness? I have some pills that help with that, I can grab you some." I shook my head. 

"As much as I would love that, the doctors strongly advised me not to take any sorts of medications," I grumbled at their warnings to me. No medications, only certain kinds could be taken. Damn it, the one time I needed relief, I couldn't take anything to soothe it. 

"Doctors?" He raised a brow now and I patted my stomach. 

"Let's just say when I last saw Bas 6 weeks ago, he left me a parting gift," I said sarcastically.