Scene 6 : Intuitions (cont.)

It was late in evening, when Kartik was returning back to Singhania House, along with Vansh and Kairav, after having spent the day out with them.

He decided to spend the night with Kairav in Singhania's. He was getting tired of being a devoted son in Goenka's. No matter how much he loved and supported them, but since Naira came back with Kairav, he was spending a lot of time thinking about what Kartik and Naira's life have come to and what exactly went so wrong since he met Naira. There were several things he realized, that were drifting them apart, but at the end, it was no one else but they themselves, who let the situations affect their relationship.

No matter, how much Naira tried, she couldn't bridge the gap between the rest of the Goenka's and herself. The difference of being a daughter and daughter in law still remained in the minds of his family. Would it have been better if Naira and he, himself, dared to live independently. Why did he give into Naira's wishes? He remembered the time in Singhania's when he didn't wanted to acknowledge his family when he was meeting Naira's parents for their marriage. He had his differences back then, but he was living well, alone. What if those differences were never solved, What if he, together with Naira, struggled to make their living, and lived independently, away from this family. Why is it that Naira tries so hard, just to get questioned again. He himself was a major reason for their drift, Naira too had her shares but he can't help and think about his family's immoderate interference and this was just one amongst the many matters that were left unattended to.

Today, this matter, made him ponder over, when his grandmother called him, while he was out with Kairav and Vansh. He expected his dadi to talk about coming back to Goenka Villa. He knew, he should have gone home after coming back to Udaipur, and he was ready to take in the complain, but dadi went an extra mile by blaming Naira, for their decision to move Kairav out of Goenka Villa.

In the past month, he hasn't allowed anyone to get to Kairav or even Naira, if not through him. His father Manish and his dadi, has been complaining about this to Kartik since long, for being so rigid when it comes to Kairav. He took all the backlash for his attitude, he let his family meet Kairav, but all in front of him. He wished them to be all normal, but he had a fear. When Naira and Kartik decided to let Kairav be in Singhania's, Kairav's unusual behavior around Goenka's was one of the prime reason, that made Kartik agree to this arrangement. He loved his family, but they were simply not normal when it came to handling relationships in a healthy manner. Of course they loved and pampered Kairav, but as a father, as he reasoned himself, he won't let Goenka's enigmatic dislike for Naira and their over-pampering, get to Kairav. He knew his family was not the only reason, but that was one of the reason he can think of for now.
He wasn't sure of what future holds for him, but his 5 years of separation, his pain of losing Naira forever, taught him one thing very well, and that is one never knows what happens next. There is uncertainty in every step of life. And so, he won't think of far away future. He promised himself to let Kairav grow in a healthy environment in present. He knew the importance of elders and extended families, and he will try to make it all available for Kairav, but not at the cost of affected development of his child. He knew there is not much he can have control on, but he will try to be there alongwith Naira, for Kairav. And he had that confidence, with her, for them.

"Papa, Ice Cream!" Kairav brought Kartik's attention back to him. They were returning back home, when Kairav remembered they are yet to have ice creams.

"But I can't have Ice Cream" Vansh pouted, dejected. "Mom said not to have ice creams till she allows."

"Why?" Kairav asked.

"Arey, I had cold and cough, recently na, toh mom told not to have ice creams." Vansh replied.

"Oh yes. I remember. You were sick. Maasi told me too. Sorry Vansh, I forgot." Kairav continued, "Papa, we will eat ice cream next time, when Maasi will allow Vansh to have ice creams" Kairav told Kartik, smilingly, "we will have double double ice creams then" he high-fived a happy Vansh.