Chapter 24 ~ Feelings

Karina grunts as she throws punches at the bag hanging from the ceiling. Some of the training her father had given her was staring to comeback to her now helping her improve her fighting ability.

Finishing her final set she wipes her brow of sweat and look over at Iroh. The older man is sipping tea in the corner, something he did everytime they trained.

"Your abilities are improving quickly,"  Iroh smiled proudly at the small female, " However, I cannot help but notice that there is something weighing on your mind."

Karina frowned at his words, nothing that she knew of was weighing on her mind, at least nothing new. She had been thinking and worrying about her father recently but this was something that happened often and she didn't think it would hinder her training.

Raising from his position Iroh moved over to her side and placed a hand on her shoulder.

"Some secrets are not worth keeping from those you care for." with his final words of wisdom he left the room the sweet scent of tea following him. This confused Karina further.

They had both agreed that telling Zuko about her bending would not nessecarily be a good idea, and she wasn't sure of any other secret she was keeping from him.

Suddenly the old man's words hit her and realisation washed over her. She remembered how Iroh had so blasély mentioned her feelings for Zuko when she was trying to talk to him about earth bending.

Spirits. Her feelings for Zuko.

She wasn't even really sure what they were herself, let alone what she would tell him. She knew he caused a warm feeling in her chest, that seeing him brightened her day, that she had never met anyone quite like him before, but she didn't know what any of that meant.

Running a hand through her hair she let her body slide down the wall to the floor.

In some ways Iroh was right. She did want to tell him that she cared for him, and she did want to hold him close and maybe even... Her finger traced her lips gently, a warm blush rising to her cheeks.

He always made her do that.

***

She couldn't believe she was doing this. Zuko's closed door stood infront of her, for some reason Karina had decided that perhaps it would help her if she tried to speak to Zuko about what she was feeling.

Exactly how she was going to do this she hadn't yet figured out. Taking a deep breath she rose her fist and knocked softly on the door.

It opened quickly to reveal a slightly dishevelled Zuko, his golden eyes starred down at her expectingly. What on earth did was she doing. Almost choking on her words she pointed into his room making the Prince even more confused.

"Um, May I?" nodding Zuko moved out of her way allowing her into his room. She hadn't seen it properly since the time she had been here with Iroh, it was bigger then she had realised.

"What's wrong?" His voice was soft but still just as dangerous as all ways.

"I just wanted to uh, make sure you were okay."  she sheepishly looked down at her feet "It must have been difficult for you the other day to let Aang go for the saftey of the ship." slowly looking up she can see all manner of emotions written on Zuko's face. With a few swift movements Zuko has wrapped his arms around her again pulling her to his chest.

He's so much warmer then she remembered. And he smells so familiar, the inviting scent of smoke and incense surround her as she burries her face into his chest. He feels so good wrapped around her like this, it's almost like the rest of the world has stopped and it's just them.

Slowly he begins to walk backwards toward his bed, arms not releasing her from the hug. Somehow he pulls her down with him and lays her next to him so their hug can continue more comfortably.

A heat begins to spread all over her skin at this  closeness.

"Zuko I-" but before she can say what she wants to she is cut off by the sound of a small snore eminating from the Prince. Sighing to herself she buried her head into his chest and let her eyes slide shut.