'no but for real, i've told the estate agent about a few places i like but james is taking ages to get the last of his stuff out of the house. once that's done, i can finalise the deal and move in.'

'do you want to go and see james?' says virgil handing me a mug and sitting opposite me.

'yeah that's not a good idea, trust me. it would just make things worse.' i say taking sip of the tea then feel something uncomfortable under the cushion. i move a few of the cushions from the sofa and then notice a bra.

'really virgil?' i say frowning looking at virgil and picking it up.

'oh shit sorry that's probably from last night, sorry about that.' he says awkwardly scratching his head.

'last night?'

'yeah last night.'

'what the fuck?' i say getting angry.

'what?'

'you're still sleeping around? i thought you said you were over that!'

'i never said that and why do you care so much?'

'i thought you had changed! you know stop being that cocky self centred prick that can't keep it in his pants!'

'calm down cat fuck, why are you overacting about this and once again why do you care so much?'

'because i just do okay?'

at this point virgil and i both standing up arguing at one another.

'but why? what has it got to do with you what i do?'

VIRGIL

'it just does okay!' she says looking up at me then sitting down and putting her head between her hands.

'it just does, i can't tell you why but it just does okay?' she says normally this time without shouting at me.

'cat just tell me, what's going on?' i say calmly and sitting next to her.

'i can't virgil, i just can't.'

i did stop going out and sleeping around for a few weeks. instead of going out, i spent my evenings inside working out or learning new recipes. i was learning recipes from argentine cuisine just to hopefully impress cat one day as she's now living in liverpool. but as i was getting impatient, last night i just decided to go out and ended up having one ne night stand.

i just don't understand why she is acting like she this?

'but why?'

'i just can't, stop asking about it.'

'how do you expect me to stop asking about it when your mood suddenly changed just like that? fine for a moment then you suddenly got pissed with me?'

i think about it more then i realise something and i just look at her with a slight smirk. she just looks at me and frowns.

'what?' she says.

'i know exactly why you're acting like you are.'

'oh really?'

'yeah, you're jealous.'

'jealous? yeah right.' she says scoffing and rolling her eyes.

'i mean it all makes sense. you're okay with me when we're together then suddenly i mention someone else and you're getting all pissy with me? that's jealousy.' i say with a smirk as i get closer to her.

'in your dreams maybe.' she says crossing her arms but not daring to look at me, she knows i'm right.

'babes, you don't even want to know what goes in my dreams. here's a hint, it involves you me this sofa and i think i'll let you imagine the rest.'

i'm so close to her, i can actually sense her nerves. the way she's avoiding all eye contact with me.

'come on just admit it you're jealous.'

'why would i admit something that i'm not?'

'because you're in denial.'

now i'm inches from her face, staring right into her eyes and i can just tell she wants me to get even closer.

'just admit it miss jones, you like me.' i say.

'in your fucking dreams mate.' she says pushing me away and walking off.

well, i wasn't expecting that.