Chapter 4: HotShot

I would like to thank those readers who managed to read my work from the first chapter. Please give me your votes, one click is only needed. Pleease.. hahaha  Don't hesitate to leave a comment or whatsoevah. Don't forget to vote! Au Revoir! :*

"I will." A deep, sexy, hair raising voice spoke from my side and everyone turned including me. The first thing that I saw was full, kissable lips. Then memory crossed my mind. HA! That guy from the car! I looked more focused on the lips, and I was sure as hell that it was the same lips! My heartbeat quicken. Oh God. I quickly lift my gaze to a pair of grey, dominating eyes. I thought I was going to melt on my seat. Those eyes were meeting my gaze, and I noticed a small mole under his left eye. Oh shit, it was sexy. Our face was near, really near, and I realized that he was standing so our height were even. My breath quicken as he brought his face near mine, and for one second I though he will kiss me, but his face past mine instead. Now I was facing his neck, and I could smell his perfume. Damn, one of Ralph Lauren collection. He smelled heavenly, I had the urge to kiss and lick his neck but I desperately stopped myself.

Geez. Get a grip Brooke.

He finally met my gaze again, and that was the moment I realized that he dropped a handful of gold tokens on the table, and here I am thinking that he was going to kiss me. Slap yourself Veronica! But seriously, I can feel his hot breath in my cheeks. He was still gazing down at me, and I could feel Jill's glare at me. I pushed my dirty thoughts away, and I fixed my gaze on the table. Whoa, he dropped almost 10 gold tokens, rich man.

I threw a quick glance at Jill, she was looking at me with question in her eyes. I just shrugged, then she flashed a dirty smile. Damn you, Jillian Clark! She continued to shuffle all the cards and she grabbed a long stick with a wide end, maybe it's for collecting the tokens. She collected the gold tokes form Mr. Hot Lips then counted them.

"10 tokens. Will that be all, Mr. Claude?" She asked.

Claude? Claude who?

The crowd became silent again, and vey girl around the table were digging daggers at me. What the hell? I'm just sitting here, bitches.  I tried my best not to fidget on my seat. I really felt uncomfortable beside this Claude guy. Five minutes passed and I still couldn't understand how the game was being played. But as Jill tossed the cards on the table, two spades, everyone erupted on a loud cheer, and she pushed all the gold tokens in front of us. Us? I was confused in Jill's action and I looked at her with a frown, then she winked at me. Shit, I have no time for your crap Jillian. Suddenly, the room felt hot. I unthinkingly grab the neck line of my shirt and tried to fan myself, when I realized that the Claude guy was beside me. Crap, now I act like a cheap bitch. I stopped fanning myself, then a waitress with a couple of drinks on her tray stopped near our table. I grabbed the nearest drink I could and absentmindedly sip the drink because of nervousness. The drink made me cough loud and I tried to cover my mouth. It taste bittersweet. Everyone on the table looked at me and the blonde bitches smirked. The drink was like a fire that soothed down to my esophagus. It was stinky too. I tried my best to subside my cough but I couldn't stop it. The Claude guy beside me chuckled and I threw a quick glance at him, then I realized he was looking at me. Dammit, could this be more embarrassing?

"Ladies and Gentlemen, this will be the last round for this night's game, anymore bets?" Jill's voice surrounded us again. The crowd around the table murmured and Jill waited patiently. She was really good at her work. I realized I was still holding the gold token that she have given me a while ago. Hmm, maybe I should try a bet? Wow, that drink made me braver.

The Claude guy dropped another ten tokens again, and I was surprised when I placed my gold token beside his bet. Oh my God. I was betting on a club game.