ā™› .šŸšŸ–. ā™›

Start from the beginning

❝-because...I don't know actually.❞ I shrugged.

❝how are you darling?❞ My mum asked from the kitchen.

❝I'm well. How are you Mrs. May?❞ Chrissie replied. ❝I'm living.❞ My mum joked. The girl laughed.

As Chrissie took off her shoes, I quickly rose the phone up to my ear, and whispered, ❝Freddie-,❞

hang up, I fucking dare you...❞ Freddie huffed. ❝no, I wasn't going to do that.❞ I informed, ❝I was going to tell you that I'm not going to be near the phone, so-.❞

❝what's so interesting about the phone?❞ Chrissie questioned. I jumped, not realising how close she was behind me.

❝nothing!❞ I put the red phone on the island counter.

She squinted her eyes at me, then simply shrugged, and sat the bar.

Perfect.

Freddie's nosey self can hear the conversation.

❝my boy's growing up.❞ My mum wiped a fake tear off of her cheek. ❝Mother!❞ I hissed in embarrassment.

I heard Freddie chuckle on the phone, along with my mother, and Chrissie.

My mum sighed, ❝I guess I'll leave you two be.❞ She then begun walking back to her room.

❝so,❞ Chrissie tucked the few strands of her light brown hair behind her ear, then propped her chin in her palm. ❝so...what?❞ I chuckled, slowly feeling awkwardness invade my body.

❝I- I don't know.❞ She smiled a bit, ❝how's school for you?❞

Wow.

Does everyone start a conversation with that sentence?

❝it's going well.❞ I replied. ❝how about you?❞

She grinned, ❝good.❞

It grew silent, then I heard Freddie fake yawn and say: ❝booo, you guys are bor-ing. You guys should get the World Record of: The World's Most Boringest Conversation.

I shut my eyes and rubbed my temple, keeping my breathing steady, and holding in my laughter.

❝are you ok?❞ Chrissie asked.

No. I'm not. I have a friend on the phone who keeps making jokes and won't shut up.

❝yes.❞

She probably thought I was going mad.

❝so, um.❞ I pursed my lips, starting up a conversation, ❝did you pass the Pre-Calc test?❞

Chrissie bought a finger up to her lips, chewing on her red painted fingernail. An innocent, child-like grin slowly grew on her face, showing that she clearly didn't pass.

❝what did you get on it?❞ I smirked.

❝a 63...❞ She confessed, looking at the floor. Then she asked me, ❝what did you get?❞

❝a fucking A...❞ Freddie mumbled.

❝a 97.❞  I smiled. ❝of course...❞ She rolled her eyes.

Ok, Brian. Enough with the school shit.

❝Chrissie?❞ I queried. She looked at me, lifting an eyebrow. I dropped the subject about school and flatly said: ❝I'm sorry to say this but, we need to talk.❞

oh shit...❞ Freddie covered his mouth, getting ready for what I have to say.

❝why did you kiss me?❞ I crossed my arms.

Her mouth opened, but nothing came out.

❝answer me...please.❞

She looked away, fiddling her thumbs together, ❝I-. Um.❞

❝quit that, 'I- um...I dont know'. Hurry up and answer the fucking question!❞ Freddie yelled.

My eyes widened, realising how loud Freddie actually was.

I glanced up at Chrissie, but it seemed like she didn't hear it.

I hope she thought it was my mum's telly.

❝did you do it because of homecoming?❞ I simply asked, probably saying her answer. ❝yes...I did.❞ She nodded.

❝why?❞ I furrowed my eyebrows. ❝you normally go with me every year, so I thought you had forgotten about me...❞ Chrissie softly explained.

Well, yeah. I did forget about you because I just begun a new relationship with Roger.

❝I didn't you forget about you.❞ I lied, but feeling a very small percentage of empathy for her.

❝yes you did.❞ Her voice went cold, ❝but you didn't want to hurt me, right?❞

I swallowed in fear, ❝no, no, no. That's not-.❞

❝you fucking liar!❞ She laughed in disbelief. Then she creepily went calm, ❝who's that blonde boy you're always with?❞

❝please don't be stupid. Don't say his name...don't say his bloody name...❞ Freddie said to himself, but not as loud for me to hear.

❝none of your fucking business.❞ I said, feeling the air around me suffocating.

❝oh, wait. You don't need to tell me. I've heard his name plenty of times.❞ Chrissie smirked, looking into my eyes, and not giving up on her mischievous grin.

❝Roger Taylor is his name, right?❞ She queried, her eyes wondering up at the ceiling. ❝am I right?❞ She darted her green eyes down at me.

I said nothing.

❝I'm not dumb, Brian Harold May.❞ She said, ❝I'm also not deaf. You rung up one your friends, and tried to be fucking slick, telling me you don't know why you have the phone in your hand, wanker.❞

❝actually, they were already on the-.❞

❝shut your bloody, lying mouth!❞ Chrissie practically yelled at me.

How come my mom can't hear all of this?!

❝Brian,❞ she shook her head, ❝you're the one of the smartest kids in the school, but you act so stupid with me- at your fucking bungalow.❞

I stared at the red phone that was off the hook, hoping that Freddie was still listening.

❝I've got to go.❞ She said.

She slid off the bar stool and made her way towards the door.

She grabbed her shoes and slipped them on. She looked back at me and warned, ❝all I have to say is: watch yourself.❞ She smiled, shrugging.

Chrissie unlocked the door and yelled out, ❝bye Mrs. May!❞

I saw my mother come out from her room and asked, ❝why won't you stay for dinner?❞

No, mother. Why the hell did you ask that?!

❝I can't. I'm sorry. I just planned to come by and see Brian.❞ She told, ❝-but cheers for the offer!❞

I watched in relief as the brown haired girl walked out of my bungalow and shut the door behind her.

I lifted the phone to my ear and said, ❝Fred...❞

❝Brian...what the hell...❞

YAAAAHHHH
this chapter took LONGGG enough for me to write
sorry for not being as active bc of FuCkInG sKooL iS TakIng The LifE ouT oF mE (ik i'm being dramatic)
but uhhh
OH-
TY FOR 17K READS (jkkkk not 19k...idk HOW tf i saw 19k l m a o)
i hope u enjoyeddddddd :))))))))))
hmu if there's any grammar mistakes or typos
k bye bye loserrrrsss