ā™› .šŸ’. ā™›

[No One's POV]

[No One's POV]

Brian ended up sprinting to his second class because he had forgotten something from first period. Then, Freddie came over to him, talking miles a minute, about how he got in trouble in first period because of something stupid. As much as he loved Freddie, he chose the wrong time to talk.

sorry.❞

pardon me...❞

Those two statements he repeatedly said. Brian bumped, shoved, even trampled over some people on accident. He didn't really mean it- he just didn't want to be late.

❝Bri...Brian!❞ someone yelled out.

Brian stopped in his tracks, panting for his life.

❝who- just called- me?❞ He breathlessly questioned, looking around. ❝I did...❞ The new boy, Roger, caught up to him. Brian saw that he still had a slight limp from yesterday, ❝you alright?❞ He lifted a brow.

❝yeah. I just don't know where class is.❞ Roger said. This is the first time Brian heard his voice ever so clearly. It sounded really high pitched—but he hit puberty—and a bit raspy. Let's just say, it was mostly cheerful and friendly.

The bell rang loud and clear. All the doors shut and classes started.

Dang it.

Brian sighed. Roger frowned, ❝I'm sorry. I-I didn't mean to make you late. I feel so bad. I'm so sorry.❞ Brian shook his head, ❝no. Don't be. You're new and I understand that. You actually give me pass to be late to class.❞

Roger smiled awkwardly, and huffed out a small chuckle.

❝just follow me.❞ Brian lead Roger to English.

❝ok. So Room 634 is always English.❞ Brian told, ❝I'm just wondering, but did they ever give you a schedule?❞

❝no. They told me to just follow whoever I could remember.❞ Roger blinked. ❝geez, I tell you- the school staff members are horrible.❞ Brian rolled his eyes.

❝it's right...here. This is the class. It's on the other side of the hallway- if you come from the left side, but if you climb up the right staircase, boom, the room is right there.❞ Brian opened the door.

The class went silent as Roger and Brian entered. ❝sorry I was late Mrs. Brown. I was showing Roger where to go.❞ He shut the door behind him.

❝that's an act of kindness Brian. Thank you.❞ She smiled. As they both sat down, Mrs. Brown continued to explain her instructions.

They already had an essay to write once they got settled. Their topic was- well, boys had 'how can dangerous sports effect you when you get older' and girls had 'how can beauty pageants take over girls/women's life'.

The hardest and longest part was brainstorming. It literally sucked if you were stuck thinking about ideas. Normally, some people would still be brainstorming while others would already be writing their intro or body paragraphs.

[Roger P.O.V]

I got out a piece of paper and pencil. I sat there, looking at the title and back at my paper. ❝this is fucking challenging...❞ I mumbled to myself.

I always hated writing—and i still hate it! I never did good in it. I just write anything that comes to my mind. I try to edit it and other "professional" stuff, but it just didn't work out. My papers made no sense. Even though teachers offered to help, I still failed with help. But ya know, the teachers would rather see words than a blank sheet, right?

I put my pencil down and just sat back, looking out the window. The wind blew the leaves off of trees. Cars passed by. I slowly drifted off to my world.

I never hated school so much in my life! How the hell did I get beaten up by random kids? How will I survive this school anyways? If I speak up, someone's going to hunt me down after school. If I don't speak up, I'll just be- dead.

I'm gonna suffer over here.

But I'm still wondering why Brian offered me a ride. I was able to walk home- sort of. He didn't even know me! I'm surprised he actually cared and didn't laugh at me when I was hurt- unlike these other little shits did.

I snapped out of it when when that curly headed kid stretched his long arms and made my paper slide off my desk. I watched the paper fly onto the floor.

He quickly whipped his head around and apologised, ❝I'm so sorry. I didn't m-mean to.❞ He stammered, ❝I- um-,❞ His face turned red because of embarrassment.

We both went down on the ground and reached at the same exact time. I immediately froze as our hands touched.

My eyes widened, as I felt my cheeks heat up. I wanted to scream, but I didn't. In my head, I was already screeching like a teenage girl. I had no idea what to do. I felt like I was stuck in time.

I took a risky glance up and saw Brian. His mouth was slightly parted because of shock.

There were a few seconds of silence between us, until he said, ❝hey-, I-I didn't mean to-uh, knock down your paper. I-.❞

I shrugged while I shook my head, ❝You're fine.❞ Brian handed me my paper and smiled. I grinned back.

❝can you guys move out the way? I'm trying to get out.❞ One of our classmates asked. ❝s-sorry...❞ Brian scooted back, making some space for the student to walk. ❝thank you.❞ The classmate trailed off.

We both stood up and headed back to our seats.

I didn't know what to feel or even how to feel right now. My chest felt like fireworks were going off. I was clueless on why I'm blushing around that boy.

The bell rang and everyone collected their things. People sprinted out the door one by one. I was one of the last students to leave. School didn't mean much to me.

As I was walking, I felt a tap on my shoulder. I turned quickly and found Brian, ❝geez, you scared me.❞

❝sorry. I-um,❞ He swallowed thickly, ❝you left this...❞ He motioned to my pencil pouch. ❝thanks.❞ Then I asked, ❝actually, do you mind if I follow you to the next class?❞

❝I don't mind.❞ He shook his head, ❝I don't mind at all.❞

over 600 reads??? holyyy smokesss mannnnn...ily guys. OH so throughout June, i won't be so active bc i'm practising with a new team so ye. ILL TRY to post a lot on the weekends so yall know i'm not ded.

¿k bye?