Chapter 27: Ayato's Birthday Part 1

Start from the beginning

"N-no," I stammered. "I just... don't... I..."

"Look, Oresama just does things the way he wants, understand?" he said, covering the shyness with a harsh tone, but I could see it in the way his eyes couldn't meet mine.

"Y-yes Senpai."

His eyes were staring down into my face with a look I couldn't make heads or tails of.

"Do you want to wash up?" I whispered, enraptured by his glittering eyes.

"Go do that."

I escaped into the bathroom, stripped down, turned on the shower and waited for the water to turn warm. With my hand under the crystal droplets, I waited half-in-half-out.

"Just a shower?"

"Eh?!" I jumped slightly from my daze and looked over at Ayato out of the corner of my eye. He was stark naked, his hands splayed on his hips as he surveyed me. Self-consciously I crossed my arms over my chest and stared at the opposite corner of the room. "Y-yeah, I figured it would be faster so I didn't bother filling up the bath."

"I suppose there are other things I'd like to do today," he allowed, walking up beside me and putting a hand in to test it as well. "Don't act so shy, we're not doing anything. I want you to wash me."

"Right," I answered shyly, tying my hair up into a bun and following him under the water. "Ah! It's still cold; why'd you go under?"

"Heh," Ayato chuckled, spinning the dial back to warm. "I just wanted to watch your ni pples harden."

He reached out and flicked one, before I could even process the prior statement.

"Senpai," I mumbled, crossing my arms across my chest. "I should get to washing you."

I grabbed the showerhead down and drew it over his body, taking care to keep water from getting in his ears or eyes. All the while, his green eyes followed me as if mesmerized. My mind was focused on not letting my gaze linger below the v of his hips. His eyes weren't the only things mesmerized.

"Would you sit so I can soap your hair?" I asked, turning off the water momentarily.

"Mm," he muttered and did as I asked.

I squirted a dollop of pearly shampoo into my palm and began sudsing his hair. The bright red turned white with soapy bubbles and smelled sharp, masculine. I took care to gently massage behind his ears.

"You're a gentle woman."

"I'm glad you think so," I said mildly, "I wasn't always this way."

"I can't let anyone else have you."

"Well..."

"Shut it, you know what I mean," he snapped and I smiled secretively, rinsing away the soapy bubbles. They made little glistening trails over his back. "You won't leave us, right?"

I started, blinking a few times. He was staring at me out of the corner of his eye so I tried to tone down my surprise as much as I could. Am I really talking to Ayato right now?

"No, never," I answered smoothly. "And if I had to, I'd come back as soon as I could. A girl's got have a little time for herself every once in a while, but I'd never be gone long."

"Those guys who showed up at school..."

"It's been a week or two since you've seen them, right?"

"We still smell them around."

I began soaping Ayato's body, his arms and chest.

"What do they have to do with anything?" I asked, shaking my head.