chapter one: goodbyes at the start

" I'm bad at showing it, but I love you Peter."
"I'll always be here kid, remember that."'
"To me you're not Spider-Man, you're my best friend."

Those hurt Peter Parker every day.
Seeing Tony gone couldn't have broken him more. It felt like everytime he tried to get out of his hole, have a father by his side, he lost him. He always lost those close to him.

So he tried to escape. But it hurt him more.

It was Saturday night, and as Peter left the football game, he saw cameras all around him. The lights flashed and they took pictures. Stupid media. Never let you have a minute huh? After having his identity exposed a few years back, he faced a lot of hate. But he got over it when "Mysterios" identity was exposed in return. He became a hero worldwide and a staple of Queens. The Avengers grew with him and rebuilt, the Avengers helped him build back up. He loved the support , but only two people could make him feel complete. His best friend Ned and his girlfriend MJ. "Cmon Peter , lets get away from these reporters and go for a cruise." MJ grabbed her boyfriends hand and led her to Peters bright red car. Aunt May had gotten it for his birthday, but honestly, Peter disliked the flashy ness and how it attracted reporters. He sat in the drivers seat with MJ by his side, holding her hand. He looked back at Ned, who showed them a newly taken polaroid picture of the three.

To bad it had to end.

"Press, Press, Press, Press, Press, Cardi don't need no Press!" The 17 year olds sang as they pretended to flip off the reporters around them. The began to drive, singing along to songs and dancing. "Oh shit wait." MJs eyes widened as she turned the dial on the music, all the way to silent. Peter looked up, seeing a car swerving and going crazy in front of them. Definitely a drunk driver. This was common after a game, a few teenagers get drunk and high and go for a crazy ass drive, it just meant Peter  had to keep his eyes on the road. After reassuring MJ, he turned to her and gave her a peck on the cheek.

That would be the last happy moment in Peters life for a while.

"SHIT!" Lights flashed in Peters eyes as he slammed the brakes. The car with the drunk driver swerved and was going full speed at the teenagers car. The car was gaining speed as the 3 friends screamed. Peter tried to swerve, but it was too late.

"WHERE ARE THEY? WHERE ARE MJ AND NED? TELL ME MAY, PLEASE TELL ME."
It had been 3 weeks after the accident, and Peter  had just awoken from a coma. He had several broken bones, scars and cuts all over his body, a giant scar on his neck, and a lot of stress and panic. The car bounced off a cliff and onto a semi. Peter only lived because of his powers and his body's reaction system. Even then, even Stark Tech failed to wake Peter in his coma after 3 weeks.

"Peter  this is not going to be easy, but unfortunately Mary Jane and Ned have passed. It was instant and painless at the sight of the accident. I'm sorry to tell you -."

Peter felt all the light leave his body, all the pain increased times a thousand, and his heart sunk to the floor. Everything he loved was gone. Gone forever. There was no more happiness in Peter. And there never could be again. Or so he thought.

At the same point in time, another girl was hurting. She was at the worst point in her life as well. This girls name was y/n.

"Hey! Dumbass!"
Y/n flipped around with tears in her eyes. Yet another insult, huh? "P-please. G-go away. I've had a rough night." That night y/n had the worst breakup. Her first boyfriend, the one she thought loved her with everything he had, cheated on her. It hurt to see (ex's name) fucking another girl , when 10 minutes ago he told her I love you. And now, while y/n cried into her sleeves, someone was following her.
"Can I see your face? Your ass is a great view, but please turn around?" Y/n began to walk faster through the quiet dark street, now beginning to get scared of the man behind her. As she began to break into a run, she felt a heavy weight pull her down, tackling her into an alley. She looked up to see the man on top of her, hand over her mouth, taking off her skirt. Y/n kicked and screamed as the man tried to enter her, and when she succeeded in kicking him, he pulled out a knife. He dragged the knife across her stomach, leaving a cut. "Youre no fun." The man then spit on y/n and walked away.

Y/n felt the life leaving her body as she bled on the sidewalk. She felt unsafe, exposed, lonely as ever, broken.

Peter  was broken.
Y/n was broken too.
Maybe they could be broken together.
Even just for an hour in biology.