{all these years}

"'cause after all these years
i still feel everything when you are near
and it was just a quick hello
and you had to go
and you probably will never know
you're still the one i'm after all these years"
- "all these years" camila cabello

{betty's pov}

"B! What's up? It's been so long!"

It's Veronica! I haven't seen her since high school and I'm so glad she came to the high school reunion. She was wearing a simple, dark purple dress that came to her mid thigh that looked beautiful on her. While me being me, I was wearing a simple white dress down to my knees with soft lace sleeves to give it a simple touch.

There was slightly loud pop music playing in the background, a dance floor with some colorful lights, tables and a huge buffet that could feed a whole country. I get lost in the room until I finally look at Veronica again.

"Hey, V!" I say smiling big then giving her a big hug.

We let go of the hug and both sit at a simple round table with a soft, white tablecloth and a jar with a few daisies in it. I sit my blush pink clutch on the table then sit and she sits across from me.

"So V, anything new?" I say smiling.

She puts her elbow on the table smiling at me and flicks her wrist so I can see her gorgeous, diamond engagement ring.

I sigh in my mind, remembering something from a few years ago.

Laying next to each other in my soft bed, completely bare and and arm wrapped around my waist, pulling me to his chest, and another stroking my loose blonde hair, sometimes curling a strand around his finger.

"Would you ever want to marry me, Jug?" I say, looking up at him softly.

He returns a soft look down at me.

"Of course I'll marry you, Betts. I would give everything to be your husband. I want to see you walk down the aisle in a beautiful white gown with a veil draped across your face so I can slowly lift it up, to see happy tears rolling down your cheeks. I will kiss you like there's no one in the room, and stroke the back of my hand on your soft cheeks. Then when the time comes, we'll start a family. A handsome little boy, and a beautiful little girl. And if things go wrong, we'll always work it out. Ok?"

I smile softly then he kisses my forehead sweetly.

"Ok."

I smile back at Veronica.

"Congratulations, V! Who's the lucky guy?"

"It's Archie!! Can't you believe it?" She says excitedly with a huge toothy smile.

I smile softly.

"I'm happy for you, V."

"Well enough about me! What about you? Wha have you been up to?" She says leaning over the table curiously.

What do I say? What do I do? But all of those questions are answered when I look towards the front doors.

It's him. And after all these years.

His hair is just a bit longer, but not much longer from senior year.

He looks a little stronger too. His arms look nicely toned through his $150 tux rental, and I wonder if his chest looks like his arms...

But his eyes are just as I remember. Blue. But not just blue. A deep blue. An ocean blue, that's a raging storm. No, a hurricane. I've always felt like I could get lost on them.