Jaime inhales slowly and hops off the table. "Well, your wish might be granted, if it's Richie I'm going to slam the door in his face."

"Oh, no fun! Kick his ass!" Victor calls as she walks to the front door, smiling softly. She tugs open the front door, prepared to confront Richie. Realistically, she wouldn't push him away if he wanted to talk. She'd listen, probably end up forgiving him. As always. She could envision Eddie rolling his eyes at the prospect, sick of his two best friends bickering about 'stupid gross relationship shit.'

The door swings open and standing upon her front porch is none other than Stanley Uris. He's tall now, too, but not as tall as Rich. The baby fat on his cheeks was dwindling down, dimples becoming more prominent. His hands are jammed in the pockets of his jeans as he rocks back and forth. A smile cracks on his face when his eyes land upon his best friend.

"Hey, Jay. You busy?"

"Uh..." She contemplates telling him yes, that she's Very occupied and Very not free right now, but he's giving her that look. That look that is all smiles, but reads, I know you fought with trashmouth, I know you want to wallow in self-pity, but I simply will not allow that.

"No, I'm not busy. Just hanging with Vic." She replies honestly as she self-consciously pulls down her shorts a bit more.

"Will you come downtown with me?" He questions, eyes hopeful.

"Ah, Stan, the Independence Day parade? In this heat? I don't--"

"No, listen, we don't have to do that." He says quickly, sensing her opposition. "We can go to the arcade--" he sees her face fall upon mentioning the place Richie frequents most, "--or we could go to the pool. We could go roller-skating, even. Or, or, or, I saw at Danny's Records, they have a new Who live album. Or, you'll let me buy us both ice cream and then I can fuck off... because it looks like you want me to do that." His face scrunches in some cross between embarrassment and displeasure.

Jaime deflates, her shoulders sagging. Her gaze softens. "No, Stan. I don't want you to fuck off. I'm sorry, it's just been... not the best day."

"Then let's change that! It's only two pm!" He suggests, smiling again.

She crosses her arms and studies him carefully. "Did Richie set you up to this?"

Stan's smile falls. "No, he didn't. I honestly just wanted to hang out with you. I haven't had the best day, either." He shrugs lightly.

She tilts her head and smiles sympathetically. "Dad again?"

He purses his lips, nodding reluctantly. Jaime considers for a moment longer, then turns around and shouts, "Vic, I'm heading out with Stan!" Her proclaim is met with a faint 'see you!' And so she grabs her wallet from the table next to the coat rack and steps outside, unable to stifle a grin at Stan's smiling face.

"C'mon, Stan the Man. And I'm buying you ice cream, and whatever you want at that weird-ass antique store you like." She tells him as they bound down the porch steps and round the house to get their bikes.

"Normally, I would protest, but I saw this little trinket of a frog wearing glasses and reading a book there the other day, and I've been thinking about it ever since."

Jaime throws her leg over her bike and hoists on. "Well then, come on, let's go before some other weird Jew gets to it first!"

-

Present Day

Jaime's comfortable. Far too comfortable to respond to the light hitting against her cheek. But the sound of her skin slapping against whoever's hand is loud, ringing in her ear after each small hit. It doesn't hurt, and it's obviously a drastic measure in rousing her, but she still attempts to slip back into the embrace of sleep.