Chapter 2: Memories of Blood

Start from the beginning

Right now we're in the headmaster's office.

"Well now. Tomorrow is St. Xocolatl's Day. The entire school is buzzing with excitement. Something might happen that will reveal the truth about the night class. Be more alert than usual, School Guardians!" Cross gave his mini speech in all seriousness.

"Yes, headmaster!" Yuki stated.

"You should just ban this event!" Kiryu said as he turned his head to the side.

I silently stood and listened in on their conversation.

"Zero... If I did such a thing there, would be a riot. This is just an outlet," Cross had a blush and smile, "In the first place, it's because all our vampires are fairly good-looking high achievers. Really, they are truly reliable allies to have on our side."

Kiryu had this dark expression on his face that literally says "don't compliment them in front of me."

"A-All right." The headmaster awkwardly says. He stands up from his desk and walks to look out the window.

"Well, vampires have been man's foe since ancient times. There are vampires who desire a peaceful coexistence. And I'm proud that we're educating the children of such vampires to become the bridge for their kind and humans. Zero... It may be impossible now but one day, you will understand my thinking."

"No way, not unless the past disappears." Kiryu said with a sorrowful look.

"Those guys suck blood. They're beasts in human form," Cross quotes, "Is that why?"

Kiryu didn't answer as he held his head down, his bangs casting a shadow over his eyes. Yuki tried to the ease the tension as she grabbed a piece of paper from her pocket and gave it to the headmaster.

"Here Headma- Outo-san! A St. Xocolatl's Day present."

She then gave the same piece of paper to Kiryu.
"For you Zero! my yearly present!"

The headmaster immediately gushed at the present given from Yuki. While Kiryu showed indifference to it but smiled fondly at it. Yuki then turned to me. She took something from her other pocket and there lay out on her palm in front of me. There in front of me was a pink box laced with a green ribbon.

A chocolate? Why?

"Ano, this is to thank you for saving me all those times." She said shyly, her cheeks tinted pink.

This girl... we just met and she's giving me a chocolate like we've been friends for a long time. But I can sense a warm feeling of sincerity and gratitude upon the gift. I gave her a small smile to show my appreciation.

"Thank you, Yuki. I can't wait to try your chocolate." I gently took the small box from her hand and placed it in my pocket.

"Ah... don't expect too much. It's store bought..." she lowered her head in embarrassment.

"That's fine. Well, shouldn't we go to our duties already. It's almost time for the night class to head to their classroom." I reminded her.

"You're right! We better go now, come on Zero!" She took Kiryu's hand and dragged him out of the room, I silently walked behind them.

Truth be told, I don't really want to be near the night class, especially the dorm president. But since I accepted to be a disciplinary member, I have to complete the duties of one.

Meaning I have to watch over the night class and dealing with screaming female students.
That's troublesome.

Well, the quicker we start, the quicker we finish.

I hope that expression is true.

¤¤¤

Whistle. "Alright everyone! Please be lined within the gates!" Yuki shouted from atop the concrete wall.