Chapter 2: Memories of Blood

Start from the beginning

"Of course!"

I gave him a low bow and walked out the door along with Yuki following behind me. Kiryu was already walking ahead and didn't have any intention of waiting for us. We were walking the hall that would lead to our classroom.
While we were walking, I felt something tug my sleeve and I saw it was Yuki.

"Don't worry about Zero. I'm sure he'll come around." She must have thought I was upset about Kiryu's words from before. On contrary, his words didn't effect me one bit but I appreciate her concern.

"Thank you Yuki but I'm not so sure about that," I sighed, "At least you're not opposed to this."

"Of course not! You saved me twice in a day and, um, you're my friend! So of course I would trust you." She smiled brightly. Ah, she's so naive but her heart isn't tainted.

I smiled at her compliment and lightly grabbed her hand.
"Let's go before we're late for class." I pulled her with me to our classroom.

°°°

We were already in class but I noticed the students, especially the females, were excited by something. With my hyper hearing I was able to hear their conversation but I still couldn't understand. What do they mean by Kuran and giving it homemade.

"Hey, what are all of them excited for?" I asked Yuki who was seated in front of me.

"Oh you just transferred here so you wouldn't know. Well tomorrow is the annual St. Xocolatl's Day."

"What's that?" So it's an event.

"It's a day where girls give chocolates to the boys they crush on and declare their love." Yori Wakaba answered. She's one of Yuki's friend I got acquainted with.

Ah, so like Valentine's Day. I definitely feel it's going to be troublesome tomorrow. I can imagine all the girls from the whole entire school charging in with chocolates at hand towards the night class.

Yes, the night class. With their looks and grades any girl can fall in love with them so of course they would give chocolates to them.

Ah, this is definitely troublesome.

"Yori are you going to give anyone chocolates?" I snapped out of my thoughts when I heard Yuki's voice.

"No, I'm not interested. What about you?"

"Oh... um... I'm not interested either." She smiled sheepishly.

"Hmm . . . then what's that." Wakaba's eyes lowered down towards Yuki's desk where there laid a magazine on chocolates.

Yuki yelped in surprise.
"Oh this? It doesn't mean anything." She nervously smiled and tried to cover up the magazine.

"Then what's it for?"
Suddenly I felt a dark aura next to me, it wasn't malicious intent, more like frustration.

"There's someone in the back who keeps glaring at you." Wakaba stated.

It was Kiryu who was giving Yuki the stink eye.

"You're a member of the disciplinary committee and you intend to give a gift to that guy."

She started to wave her arm frantically.
"Oh, no... this is just a token of my appreciation to someone I'm indebted to," she had a downcast look, "Besides, I haven't decided if I'll really give him something. So drop it."

Then the boys started cheering around Zero, saying he also needs to share the chocolates he receives. But that idea was shot down as a dark aura surrounds him and he glared at everyone.

"Maybe you should reconsider?"

"No way... not him..."

°°°