Chapter 11 - Order of Demise

Start from the beginning

   "Wha- What just happened?"

   He looked to Doppio, searching for the answer. Doppio desperately looked into Epitaph's vision, and it still showed the same: he attacked, and her stand blocked normally. Nothing different seemed to happen, and yet he a strange feeling about it. With hopeless eyes, he looked back at Diavolo.

   "It's still the same, Boss! Nothing has changed about it!"

   "This can't be!"

   Diavolo struggled to rise up, as Shisha mocked him from afar.

   "Give up, Diavolo. Your defeat is already planned."

   Back on his feet, with his back slightly arched forward, he stared at her with hate-filled eyes.

   "Giving up now is not an option."

   Without thinking, he barged towards her, King Crimson once more barraging Discipline, and yet this time, not a single punch managed to break her defenses, all of them flawlessly blocked by Discipline's palm.

   Doppio watched it in shock. He looked once again into his vision. It was always the same.

   "I don't get it! Nothing has changed!"

   Saying it out loud to himself, he realized something.

   "Nothing has changed..."

"...nothing at all!"

   He saw his vision, now comparing with Diavolo's attacks as they happened, and there was no doubt about it: his attacks were the same every time, always repeating in the exact same pattern.

   "So that's how... that is why she can always block his attacks! She has decorated them!"

   Diavolo continued to attack, still oblivious to Doppio's discovery, and despite his best effort, King Crimson's punches seemed useless as Discipline stopped each one with perfect movement of its hands. Another failed attack, and once again Diavolo was hit hard on the chest as his defense was breached, being thrown back on the air. Despite not being too strong, multiple attacks from this foe's stand had begun to hurt him badly, and he sustained multiple injuries and bruises along his torso, arms and face.

   He fell near Doppio once more, who approached him, helping him get up.

   "Boss, I got it!"

   "What do you mean Doppio?"

   "Your attacks... they are always repeating in the exact same pattern! That is why she can always block them!"

   "So this is why... but what can I do about it?"

   "She isn't trying to attack you directly, so you shouldn't try to attack her for now, at least before we can figure something out."

   "You are right, Doppio..."

   However, despite his own words and intent, Diavolo promptly got up and started running towards Shisha.

   "WAIT BOSS, NO!"

   "I-I'M NOT DOING THIS ON MY OWN!"

   Unable to control his actions, he summoned King Crimson, who started to attack again.

   "You...!"

   "I have already told you Diavolo, my plan for you is already set! Your perfect pattern will be my victory!"

   Diavolo started to notice his own attacks and was now sure of it, their sequence was always the same.

   "Can I not even do anything against her?"
   He thought, trying to come up with a way to break his cursed loop.