f i n i s h e d

I stared quizzically at Tanjirou and the girl on his back. She looked really cute but seemed to be a demon from what I could tell with my enhanced sight. She fully stepped out of the box and landed on the ground. What's going on? Who is this guy? A swordsman carrying a demon with both of them working together. This is absurd... The demon furrowed his brows at the duo. The black and orange-haired girl walked to Kazumi and the girl and stuck her hands out. I tensed and Tanjirou looked at her worriedly. At least it looked like he knew what she was capable of. Surprising both of us, she put her hands on Kazumi's neck and on the girl's head. 

"Nezuko..."

"This may just bring you some consolation. But during the period when Nezuko was asleep, I gave her some suggestions to her subconsciousness," Urokodaki-san reassured Tanjirou. "'Humanity is your family. Protect humans and remember that demons are your enemies. Never show any forgiveness to a demon that hurts another human."

The girl, Nezuko, walked in front of Tanjirou and me, veins visible on her face. Her eyes sharpened, slits appearing, and hostility clear as day. She swung her right leg all the way up and smashed it into the ground, but unfortunately, the demon sunk into the void faster than Nezuko's leg. About to run forward, she started before hearing Tanjirou shout at her.

"Nezuko! Don't pursue them too far! Come back to where I am!" Tanjirou shouted at her.

She turned around and started to trot back to where we were. In front of her, a black splotch showed up and a demon lurched at her with both arms. Tanjirou and I flinched forward, about to aid Nezuko before she jumped and flipped over him, effectively stunning both of us. Speechless, I stared at her in confusion and surprise.

"Nezuko is currently a demon, Tanjirou. Which means that she isn't as weak and doesn't need protection."

Tanjirou stared at her, shocked, recalling the moment with Urokodaki-sensei. I looked away from the two of them, looking around before noticing my foot sinking into the ground. Alarmed, I saw black goo spread out under me.

"Tanjirou-kun!" I alert him and slowly go under. "Let Nezuko protect those two! It'll be easier for us to concentrate on the other demon!"

Tanjirou noticed the black spot under me and nodded, telling Nezuko to protect the two. He jumps into the pool and we both sink further. Fully submerging into the substance, I looked around and saw various pieces and strands of women's kimonos. Are these of all the women the demons ate? How could they...

"Hehehe! Do you feel the pain, you brats? There's almost no air within this swamp," one of the demons laughed sadistically. "Your body entangled by the darkness of the swamp feels very heavy, doesn't it? Hehehe!"

The other demon grits his teeth and snarled at me. "You cannot move as you could above the ground. You had it coming! How stupid of you just jumping in here like that!"

Excuse me but I did that purposefully... I thought in my head and watched as the two demons circled us. I grabbed the hilt of my sword and tried my best to position myself into the breath style. Breathing in, I raised my sword high up above my head and chanted.

"Breath of the Sun Fourth Style: One and Only Sun!"

The dark swamp was engulfed in light and the two demons shrieked as the bright shine burned them.

"H-how? How is she able to recreate the sun's burn like this?"

The demon started convulsing, desperately trying to get away from the sun. But it was too late. They were already fading away. I started getting lightheaded and noticed that Tanjirou was also swimming up. Following him, we emerged from the black swamp to find the remaining demon about to grab onto the bleeding Nezuko.

"Nezuko-!" I shout but Tanjirou had already launched into action. He sliced the demon's outstretched arm and his other on at the same time.

"Don't touch my sister!" Tanjirou glared at him.

He backed away into a wall. Were they killed? Were those two killed by the girl and the boy?

"You all have an oily stink that reeks of decay, a putrid odor of evil. Exactly how many people did you kill?!" Tanjirou confronted the demon.

"The ones killed are all women!! If they continue living, they'll only become uglier and nastier... Which is why I ate them!" The demon continued while my anger simmered. "You should be thanking us-!"

Tanjirou's blade cut across the lower half of his face, effectively cutting him off.

"Enough." Tanjirou's face was dark, gloom looming over him. I looked at him and shivered, an unknown feeling coming over me. "Let's talk about what sort of information you know about Kibutsuji Muzan."

I flinched at that name and stared at Tanjirou. How did he know about Kibustuji Muzan? The demon started sweating profusely.

"I-I cannot say."